J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right well right now i have the entire interior stripped out of my z24, so i figure while all the wiring is exposed, not is as good a time as any to try a conversion from digital dash to regular gauges. have a few questions though. does anyone have a wiring diagram for what the wires are that i have now? what year/ model should i remove the donor gauges from? also i understand that i need to add a speedo cable rather than the electronic vss which i have now. now can i take this cable from the same car i am taking tha gauges from? where does the cable hook up? iirc there is something on the tranny i need to change too for this to work. also is there anything else i need to pick up for this? so far i have
the gauges
the cable
the plugs for the gauges fromt the donor car
if there is anything else let me know
thanks alot for your help...

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
90redz24 said:
WHATS WRONG WITH THE DIGITAL DASH, IVE HAD BOTH DIGITAL AND ANALOG AND I LIKED DIGITAL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOURE CRAZY TO WANT TO SWAP IT OUT
first of all, lose the caps. second, the digital guages are notorious for going bad. it's a move that will most likely save him alot of trouble later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.