J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone knows anything about dodge shadows. i got one for a derby car and it needed a wiring harness. now the problem i am having is that it is turning over but i can't get any spark. the coil is getting juice to it but i don't know if i am getting juice out of it. how can i test that? and also if i am getting juice out what is another option it might be? if i can't get it running it is going to the junkyard and i really want to run in the derby with it. please help.

thanks,

bill

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
we're having the same problem with the turbo daytona in the garage..my stepdad says he remembers some guy saying that there is a relay somewhere that will prevent spark...and we haven't figured out which one it is yet

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
imthegr8_1 said:
we're having the same problem with the turbo daytona in the garage..my stepdad says he remembers some guy saying that there is a relay somewhere that will prevent spark...and we haven't figured out which one it is yet
ASD relay (auto shut down) but it controls spark and the fuel pump im pretty sure, check the dist out, the ign module could have shat itself

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
the modual under the dist cap.....that was a very common problem on the old 2.2L, and 2.5L engines

Duro

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
changed it put a new one in it. i need to test and see if i am getting power to that and through the coil. is the ignition mod. in the comp. on those cars?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
duro5341 said:
the modual under the dist cap.....that was a very common problem on the old 2.2L, and 2.5L engines

Duro
x2 my brother's DD is a 91 shadow with a 2.2 and that module went on him already... i couldn't figure it out for the life of me. We had Fuel and the coil was getting power, but no spark. It's called the hall effect switch. hope this helps

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
sweatcavyz24 said:
what does that hall switch look like and what does the auto shut off switch look like?
ASD is just a relay under hte hood or under the dash, a service manual or wiring diagram for hte car would help you find it real easy, the hall effect swtich is under the dist cap at hte bottom just below where the cap bolts onto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.