J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That today 18" rims are the new 17's....I really regret buying 17 and wish I went to 18's......anyone else feel this way? Or the opposite?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
it's all in preference! those 17's are HAWT :eek: when my bird is done i'm going with either 18's all around or 18's rear and 17's front! BTW it's gonna be converted RWD! had 17's on my old Z they looked like they were meant to be there!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I dunno sometimes i regret getting my 17's and getting 18''s but i dont think i wud be able to run 18's because then i wud need bigger tires and they might rub.....but i stillkinda wish i had some 18's

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
klutchewsky said:
That today 18" rims are the new 17's....I really regret buying 17 and wish I went to 18's......anyone else feel this way? Or the opposite?
18's are too big.

I barely got any widewall next to the road as it is with my 215/45R17's.

i guess my rims are kinda different though because they look bigger tha 17 because the spoke goes right to the edge of the wheel, and that actually measures around 18.2" diameter :D

but yeah... 17 is max size i'd go... car sits high enough as is on 17's...

....and then theres the fact that it would ride like a dumptruck with 18's....

·
Premium Member
10,540 Posts
it just depends, i have 18s on the cavy but have 16s on the lude

18s are prob around 27lbs, while the rotas on the lude are 14lbs, i've had 17s on the cavy before and plan on getting a set of srt4 rims for the z in the future.

plus i drive the lude everyday, 16s with a 225/45 make for a much more comfortable ride.

don't regret it you ride looks great.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Imagine a happy place... where all roads are smooth as a baby's ass, a rich black cement that you can rollerskate blindfolded on... where potholes, sewer plaques, loose gravel and cracks are as nonexistent as chocolate rain;
well in that world I would buy 18's, and love every inch of them, because it's the same thing as dick size; bigger is better.
But I live in a place with terrible roads... roads that most Americans can't even imagine, with terrible pavements, potholes the size of my beer belly, and cracks that have been there since 1900... so I love every inch of my 17's, and don't regret buying them.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
i like how my 18's look on my car, and i got them for pretty cheap. its weird, sometimes i think they actually look small on the car. and i dont have any rubbing issues with my 18s unless i hit a big bump/pothole....

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
17s barely fit on my car and they have the 45 series rubber,if you where to go 18s you would need really low profile tires,and like someone said on this thread already (its all personal preference).

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
18's are too big IMO.. i'm still thinking about switching back to 16's for mine.. just to get some ride quality back.
Yeah I've had 17's on my ride for awhile. I had low-profile tires and got tired of having to buy new tires. So I switched to 16's and my car rides alot smoother, not to mention I can go to the local Tire Shop and get used 16inch tires all day at around $15bucks. And the tires are practically new!!!!!

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
blackwidowz24 said:
whitelightning2 said:
18's are too big IMO.. i'm still thinking about switching back to 16's for mine.. just to get some ride quality back.
Yeah I've had 17's on my ride for awhile. I had low-profile tires and got tired of having to buy new tires. So I switched to 16's and my car rides alot smoother, not to mention I can go to the local Tire Shop and get used 16inch tires all day at around $15bucks. And the tires are practically new!!!!!
well thats good! :)

I agree, 17" tires are expensive!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol well I guess this solves my case haha...Sometimes I wish I had 18's tho.....

and brad I thought you had 18's??

so i guess ill stick with my 17's guys

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Depends on the car.

I had 18s on my Cavalier.. They looked a tiny bit too large
17s on my 78 Cougar look small.. I wish I went 18/20

and the 17s on my truck look like 15s right now.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
brad14 said:
17s barely fit on my car and they have the 45 series rubber,if you where to go 18s you would need really low profile tires,and like someone said on this thread already (its all personal preference).
lol 17's fit easy. heck 2 or 3 people on here were running 19's on thiers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.