J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I buy the tool (in Canada) to pop the clips on my door panel. I already broke one trying to shimmy it out without the tool. Going to phone around right now, but will check back here frequently in the next hour to see if anyone knows. Thanx.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought a tool from NAPA for $12. I still broke over half the fucking clips. Goddamit. You just can't get anything in that space to pop them out.

So what do I do now? Can you buy replacement clips? I broke 4 out of 6. I hope I don't do the same to the drivers side. Gonna try some lube on the next ones.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm sure most parts stores would have them, also check JC Whitney. In a worst case scenario check an autobody store.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Auto parts store should have them. Around here even some hardware stores have them along with all the bulk fasteners there is usually a few bins of auto related stuff. If all else fails check here.

I dont think lube will help very much. It's just the nature of the clips. I have taken many door panels off and some will be easy some hard. Try to get bewteen disk on the clip and the steel of the door and use to tool to pry out the clip, if you put the tool between the disk and the panel things may break.

·
Registered
307 Posts
gringo_24 said:
Gonna pick some up from the dealer after work today, $.90/ea. Now the fun part will be installing them in the panel. This vinyl mod is NOT fun :x
Canadian Tire also has a pack of 8 for $5.99cdn :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.