J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure where to put this post, but o well... Can someone give me some instructions on how to take the drivers door panel off? It's a 93z, with power lockswindows.... I appreciate the help.

Jay

·
Registered
221 Posts
I recently did this to my '92.

Remove the screws from the lower seat belt mount, the lower edge of the upholstry, the door handle, and the knob to adjust the mirror. You can remove the lower section, now.
On the door handle, one screw is visible, the other is covered by a small plastic panel that will pop off with a flathead screwdriver.
Pop the guard off the top seat belt section where it enters the door. Unscrew the metal plate. You'll still be unable to get it out of the door, that comes soon.
There will be several 7mm bolts along the newly exposed section. Remove these, and the one behind the door handle panel (by the interior handle).
Firmly pull the upper upholstry away from the door, it's held in by plastic fasteners all along the edge. It's a little difficult to get it off from around the door handle. You may now use a flathead screwdriver to remove the metal clip by the seat belt, and slide the belt out of the door.

Yes, it's a lot. It's easier to put it back together, just make sure you don't have any spare parts when you're done.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tight, thank you for this info, very helpful.... I'm trying to put on a bellcrank assm. on Sunday. If I got any more probs with the door, can I e-mail you or something?

Thanks again
Jay

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone may reach me any time through any means listed in my info. I'll help as best as I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts