I need to remove my passenger side door. I have tried following the steps in the Haynes manual, but it didn't quite work. The retaining pins won't come out even after hammering on them. Is there a trick to this?
Yeah, I'd like to know how to do that too! I have to change my drivers side door hinge cuz the door dont stay open :guns: . I didn't try yet, but the end of the pin looks "mushroomed" in there ? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated
I just got mine off. This is how to do it.
1. You will need a hammer and a crow bar.
2. Start on the bottom pin. get something solid as a fulcrum. (I used the car jack) Place the crow bar againset the pin and hit down on the bar with the hammer.
3. that should move the pin a bit. Now you will have some playat the top of the bottom bolt to pry it up. Do this until you get the bolt out half way.
4. Move on to the top pin and do the same. once you get the top pin out halfway place a screwdriver in where the pin was. It's very important to keep the door lined up as much as possible. otherwise it's a bitch to get the pins out.
5. Use the same method as above and knock the pins out.
I hope this helps guys, I had the same problem and couldn't find any help. by the way it's easier with two people.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.