J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a company which makes a coilover kit for the my z. I have a 93 and i have already bought and installed eibach springs. It went down about 1.75inches in the front and 1.5 in the rear. More than listed from the factory. I jsut bought and returned a coilover kit. The company that make it is ractive. http://www.toucanindustries.com THey don't have it listed on the site but u can email them and request the kit. I have from a local performance shop. The kit will allow u to adjust your raise your car an inch or to or dropping it 4inches. It pretty impressive. BUT! I must warn you they have a great chance of failure. I went to a shop to have them installed. They said it am making a big mistake and recomned i return them. It turns out that there are many side effects or things that can go wrong with them..For instance in the area u live in,If u tend to have rough winters and have alot of salt use on the roads it will casue them to corrode and sieze inplace. And remain stationery. Another thing is they make noise when u hit bumps. and if u have drive rough or for some reason one breaks it will create havic. I seen pictures of scarred hondas and acuras with faulty coilovers kits.
I was told if i wanted my car any lower i should use air bag struts for the front but they don't make them for the back yet. So i would have a smalled front end down 5inches. It would look funny but it adjustable and u can control the ride hieght.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.