J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has put a dual exaust on their Cav. How did you make the second cut in the bumper (or will the exaust shop do that?)

Also if you cut it yourself how does it turn out (cause it won't look the same as the stock side [it's moulded in])

·
Registered
67 Posts
About how much does the cutting of the bumper take? I'm getting a new muffler and back exuast in october and i was going to get dual because of the cutting.

peace

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey, i got my dual exhaust with dual outs, so like quads, last spring. i had the guy at the body shop cut out the shape, roughly like the other side, and then when i got home i filed it down really smooth, and even. since my car is black i just took some black permanent marker and colored on the inside, you can't even tell the difference

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am redoing my car as we speak, Yesterday we ran duel exhaust right through the bumper. we filled in the factory Z-24 spot with rivited sheet metal and then smoothed it in with Dura Glass. Can't even see the rivets or lines. I hope it don't melt the Rubber. we left a 1/8 of a inch around the pipe. and only the very edge of the tip sticks out.

isaacs93cavi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts