J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
go to MANTAPART.com or check the org.....

· Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
It's like porting only better, the newer top end has way more flow potential than the gen2 top end.

· Super Moderator
20,058 Posts
unixkid said:
If i'm not mistaken, the Headers made by pacesetter will fit second gens. but you will need a custom downpipe.
What headers?

We are discussing V6 headers here.

· Registered
695 Posts
jusumguy69 said:
on j-body performance if ya look up headers it says "coming soon" so lets keep our finger's crossed.
keep eatin that rice
Be prepared to spend some serious dough. Mev was saying that they're going to be around the $1k mark. I'm willing to spend that kind of money for some quality headers that won't leak like cheap ones do. I also wouldn't be surprised if you saw a gain anywhere from 10-20 hp, seeing as how restrictive the stock manifolds are.

· Registered
1,381 Posts
ya it is mev thats making them for my buddy joe. he should have em done within a month or so from what i hear. i dunno exactly what hes charging but iirc its somewhere around 800 USD. dont quote me on that, but thats what i think i heard.

· Registered
1,381 Posts
casue they are gonna be good quality. im sure they are costing him a lot more than that to design and make so i dont think thats a bad price at all. again though i dont know if thats his actual price or not.

· Registered
577 Posts
Hey Pete, sssssshhhhhh :D

I don't really care, although everyone on here is going to say this "Everyone always talks about getting headers, but no one ever gets them made"......I wanted to wait until they were done so I didn't get any flack from any of the people who are quick to start fires around here....

· Registered
3,090 Posts
$800 is alot of cash. what is he making them out of? stainless steel? i'll take a set of mild stell ones for a cheaper price if thats the case. i could just paint them with 1500* paint.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.