J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was it on this site that had the how to on cleaning your EGR valve?

I tried searching for it in the how to section but could not find it.
If somebody knows where it is could they post the link for it, I might try to clean it to see if it corrects a problem I'm having.

My other question about it is there a trouble code for it?
I have yet to find one for it in the factory service manual and when I disconnect the pig-tail from it nothing happens, no code is thrown.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I found it again looks like it was in the sticky which explains how to clean it which is helpful but does anyone know if it should throw a code to activate the check engine light if defective or disconnected?

I read in the factory service manual that a malfunctioning unit may cause some of the problems I have been having and since I disconnected the pig-tail and no code was shown just wondering if this could be an issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shouldn't the ECM therefore have posted a code 32 when I disconnected the pigtail on the EGR?

Not sure if this means anything but the Nox's have been going up every year since I have been getting my emissions checked since 1991.

ex - If the trends continued to hold I would have been close to failing this year's test since in 2005 they were 901 out of 1129 and in 2001 they were 518 out of 984.

I'll probably look into the EGR issue tomorrow......I have a replacement gasket (i think) if I take it off and put it back on.......gonna also read up on fueling and the injectors and how 2 test.

Thanks for the link to the CODES........just found the list in chilton but I printed yours.......gonna laminate it once I check for errors ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.