J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I bought my car, this problem came with it. all of my fuses work and my car functions properly except for my *courtesy* fuse (horn, interior lights, door chime, power locks, etc...) When I put in a fuse, within 20 seconds it will blow, or as soon as I tap the horn it blows. I still do not know if my horn even works. So guys, the question is, how would I go about fixing this the most simple way possible?? I've been told it was a bad ground or a possible short in the system. If this is true, where can I find this ground or short and fix it??

·
Registered
16 Posts
the easiest way to do it i found was to put a bigger fuse and the wires would start to smoke but i don't recommend it but if your tapping the horn and the fuse pops then you have a short in the horn wiring. The best thing to do is get a wiring diagram and trace all the wiring for the horn till you find the short but it'll take awhile.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
1fastz24 said:
the easiest way to do it i found was to put a bigger fuse and the wires would start to smoke but i don't recommend it but if your tapping the horn and the fuse pops then you have a short in the horn wiring. The best thing to do is get a wiring diagram and trace all the wiring for the horn till you find the short but it'll take awhile.
do NOT listen to him, thatsa good way to start a fire and fuck up the rest of your car

so your saying the fuse blows 20 seconds after you put it in? i'd check out the cigarette lighter, its on the same circuit and if a penny falls in there it will do what your describing, sounds like you also have a horn problem, try unplugging the horn relay and going from there tracing wiring and testing, its a tedious task but its better then listening to that guy and having your car start on fire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.