J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had a problem with the power on there stereo going out when you turn on your window wipers. And then all power goes out on there wipers. All other power is working. My charge on my battery is still reading above 13 Volts with the car running. Could this just be a lose alternator belt? Mayber my tentionor isnt working properly.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
my guess would be that it wouldnt be the alt. or tensioner due to the fact that the power would pull off the battery if thatwas the case and your battery would most likley die after a few times of this happening, what i would check would be the wiring sounds like it could be a faulty ground withor bad wiring

·
Registered
769 Posts
When you say above 13 volts what is the voltage exactly, normal with the car running should be around 14.4 volts, if it's lower than that it may be worth having the alternator checked.

As soup said also check your grounds from battery to block, if needed take a wire brush to the surfaces and ring terminals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.