J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have neglected replacing my end link on the passenger side for i dunno, the past 2-3 months...and i noticed that if i went over some bumps that the passenger side (the one that needs the endlink) would dip down and scrape the plastic thing that runs underneath the front so you don't scrape your pans and such....It has got worse since it got colder and now it practically dives when i hit bumps, even if i'm only going 5-10mph and then bounces 3-5 times. I have a feeling this is the struts going, someone told me that struts are worse when it gets cold or something...or could this have something to do with that end link too?

Thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
it definatly sounds like your struts. the tie rod ends (end link) would not cause this, they would just make the car wonder down the road and wear out your tires faster as the "toe" is always changing, i would get the tie rod end fixed its easy and cheap ( maybe $100 bucks (if they dont find anything else wrong) but you also need an alignment)

Good luck.

[ This Message was edited by: racerjim on 2001-11-07 21:14 ]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Also has anyone replaced the struts themselves? If so is there anything to watch out for...parts that break, anything like that? Any special tools to have on hand? -a couple of friends are going to help me out...they said the endlink/tie rod end is cake...but the struts may be another story!! LOL

·
Registered
202 Posts
To replace the struts you need to go to the parts store and rent a spring compressor.

Do NOT remove the centre nut at the top of the strut unless you have the spring compressed!!!!!

Be very careful with these springs they really pack a punch. but other then that they are pretty easy to do.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts