J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Cold Air Intake for my 2.2L and it was not a bad price. 137.99$. I was wondering would it actually do anything for my 2.2L?.

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
no need to spend that much, just get some exhaust or aluminum pipe and make your own, or a WAI. theres no huge difference between the two. if its WAI just make sure its away from the exhaust or heat a heat shield, heat wrap

·
Banned
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the next thing is....will it actually do anything for the POS 2.2L :lol:? and yeh i saw that in the How-to section. Alot cheaper :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
seriously man the aftermarket intakes are not worth it!

all intakes are = pipe + filter on any car lol

all these "breakthrough" designs or whatever they come up with dont do squat, surely not worth the price difference.

buy one of those $30 kits off ebay and cut it to fit

·
Banned
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh one other thing. Will i hear the sucking noise a lot with the windows down? I don't have A/C so 60mph and windows down is my A/C. My bros has a Contour SVT and his CAI pisses me off sounds like hover vacuum when you drive it.

·
Banned
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cavi_rs_94 said:
Oh one other thing. Will i hear the sucking noise a lot with the windows down? I don't have A/C so 60mph and windows down is my A/C. My bros has a Contour SVT and his CAI pisses me off sounds like hover vacuum when you drive it.
What about that? am i going to hear it really bad like my bros Contour? or is it just his CAI?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.