J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
bobby said:
i was just wondering if there was an engine besides the 3.1 something likea nissan or something like 200hp or more
what r u sayign u want to drop a engien from a car other than a gm u might run into no sorry u will run into major major problems

best bet is to find a 3.1 turbo motor form a grand prix a 3400 a 3800 or a super charged 3800 motor those are your best bets each have there small problems to deal with but a lot easier than a motor from a different company than GM

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
kriegs20 said:
go with 3.1/3.1 turbo or 3.8/3.8 supercharged the 3.4's i think are shit but thats my opinion
be careful when u say 3.4 when u say 3.4 people generally think u r talking about 3.4 dohc motor which wont fit the 3400 motor will fit and has been done many times i think they are a great motor if u get one of the ones form the mini vans like the montana they have a better cam in them

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what car is that from if i sound like i dont know much its because i dont i know a bit but i just have a passion 4 cars like u wouldn't believe i just turned 18 and its my first car so again what car does that come fromthank u

·
Registered
310 Posts
The 3800 SC is in the third-gen (96+) Pontiac Grand Prix GTP's.... It's not an easy swap though as you'll have to relocate almost everything in the engine bay to make it fit, and fabricate a whole lot to make it run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.