J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have a 90 cavalier & i want to put n a bigger engine in it of course but i don't know what will fit, any suggestions??

·
Registered
1 Posts
On 2001-06-04 22:21, Anonymous wrote:
hey, i have a 90 cavalier & i want to put n a bigger engine in it of course but i don't know what will fit, any suggestions??
Your right A 3.4 or 3.8 will fit but you can also put a 3.8 24V DOHC in too
Thats what I have in their now and Iam loving it
if you have in ? about any thing hit me up at [email protected]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone know if a 3800 from a '98 Monte Carlo Z34 will fit? My dad might be putting a 5 Litre engine in his car, and he'll give me the 3.8 if I want it.

That's 200 HP stock. I've been told that the engine is so much heavier that it won't make a performance difference, but I don't believe that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Seeing as we don't have much weight to begin with, if he was getting 200hp in his Monte, which is a heavier car, you'll probably be better off with it. Depends on if the 200hp you speak of is at the engine or wheels.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know, the 200 HP figure is just from the Chevy brochure. But it's a heavier car, and is still at least as fast, if not faster than the Z24.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
DJCAVALIER: i read your registry, how do you have a pontiac cavalier wagon?

is it a cav wagon with pontiac parts? or a pontiac wagon, with cavalier parts or something?

just curious

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That 200hp is at the crank no tthe wheels. You will be puting down maybe 165-170 to the wheels. Those manufactuer numbers from any company are at the crank. just remeber that. At my shop there was a acura nsx a couple days ago. Honda rates it at 290(crank horse) and he put down 236 on the dyno with intake and exhaust(I live in colorado). Just dont trust numbers unless you test it on the dyno.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.