J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lookin to put a new exhaust on here in about a month or so. Since my pipes are all rusted i am thinking of just getting them replaced, along w/ buying a muffler and possibly a high-flow cat. My questions are...
Are the pipes 2.25 stock and how much would it be to have the pipes replaced w/ new?
Which muffler should i get, flowmaster or magnaflow? (I like the way moon's sounds so i'm leanin toward magnaflow)
Is it really worth it to get a new cat powerwise? I have heard it is not a big difference and i don't want to spend the money if it is not. I am lookin for more power and sound.
I am assuming if i get the pipe redone i can use the same cat also. Any answers/thoughts would be apprectiated. Thanks.
Z24Dogg

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
The stock pipes are 1.75 or 2"
Replacing the piping would probably cost $75 - $100 depending on what you get.

It is more than likely that your cat is going bad, if it has never been replaced before. If it is bad, replace it with a high flow. If it isn't bad, the muffler shop can't replace it anyways, since it is illegal to replace a non defective cat, and there is a hefty fine for doing so.

I would recommend going with the Magnaflow over the Flowmaster, as it flows better

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moon, how much was your magnaflow muffler? I am probably getting a magnaflow and 2.25 all the way back and possibly a high flow cat. cats are about $175 right? Is that USD?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.