J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pictures in my registry, its definitely time to get a new car, i just dont have the time to do what i want with the Z and i would rather it go to a good home where it can be used as a project, or just as a daily driver!

pretty much mechanically, the car is great. engine makes plenty of power, no noise or problems, runs like a top! uses no oil, and oil is changed consistently every 3000 miles. transmission was replaced, shifts great, all 5 gears are there and synchros feel solid. new clutch installed less than 2000 miles ago, as well as the flywheel and both front axles. front brakes are completely new - calipers rotors and pads. other new parts include: battery, starter, alternator, all engine and trans mounts, heater core, a/c blows ice cold... new egr, iac, tps, and map sensors. both front hubs are new, as well as inner and outer tie rod ends on both sides. clutch slave cylinder, hydraulic line and master cylinder are brand new from GM, all 4 tires are brand new dayton daytona hr 195/60/R14's on 87 stock 5 spoke Z rims.

aftermarket work includes a 3 inch warm air intake. also, free flowing exhaust (no catalytic converter) with a flowmaster 40 series muffler... its damn loud and in no way sounds ricey, lol...

needs minor body work, has 2 small rust spots on driver side 1/4 and one on driver side door... other than that, just needs paint and its a close to mint car... doors have just light rust, nothing major... also, new headliner, no sagging here!

$1400 as is, or $1200 if i take the stereo system out (Pioneer deck, Volfenhag 4inch fronts, Volfenhag 6x9's in rear, and 2 - 12 inch pioneer subs powered by rockford fosgate punch amp... the system kicks and is worth almost $600 alone, but since its already in i'd rather not rip it out, so yours for only $200 more)

PM me with any questions or inquiries, come see the car, i will meet up to 100 miles to look at it or deliver, whatever... i would have no doubt that the car would make it to wherever you are going... i have taken the car on trips 7-800 miles each way and was damn confident it would make it, and it always has...

·
Registered
16 Posts
got a buddy near Bloomsburg whos camaro is about to blow its engine, he told me to look for one of these Z24's for him, let me ask him tonight how he is for cash and maybe we could work something out..

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok, I cant seem to find a decent NIssan Pulsar NX in the area so I need a daily driver still. (screw my buddy, he can find a cavalier on his own.. lol)

still got this one? i was wondering if you could take pics of it in more detail, including the system if at all possible. Im not too interested in the speakers or head unit but maybe in the subs, amp and the wiring since they're all already in the installed.

2 general questions: how hard IS maintanence on one of these V6's? also, what kind of gas mileage do you get with it? I will be using it as a daily driver so more is better lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can get pictures of everything tomorrow... maintenance is pretty easy since i basically have replaced everything at this point... nothing wrong with anything runs great... gas mileage wise, its a 13.5 gallon tank that fills on like 25 bucks and it goes 240-260 miles on a tank... not bad i usually fill it up around 220, but this is also all town driving, maybe 20 miles of a tank is highway... so if youre on highway all day you'd get even better...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.