J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 3.1 engine for sale that came out of my old cavalier. Heads have been ported a little. Heads were also rebuilt at the time. Has new main and rod bearings. New top end gaskets. Cylinder walls in very good condition (still has hatch marks in them) 200 obo

Also have turbo 3.1 plenum for sale. 50 obo

Have new plenum vacuum lines laying around too for 3.1...10 obo

Got a set of stock cavailer springs rust free and in very good condition...20 obo

·
Registered
902 Posts
Why are you selling the engine :eek: I know you were selling the car at one point but now you are parting it? I might buy the whole turbo set up if that is the case. It's such a nice car tho, I'd feel bad buying anything off of it...

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
He has a built 3400 in the car, but the car is now sold. he ditched the 3.1 last year and has it sitting around.

·
Registered
214 Posts
how far are you from chicago? whats the miles on the engine? i have a 3.1 in mine, but the topend is really dirty adn i was gana port and polish the heads, but it costs around 200 to do it, and it yours is already done adn runs good, i mine as well buy a better engine 2. thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The engine is a stock 3.1 with rebuilt top end. Lightly ported heads. Rebuilt bottom end with new clevite 77 bearings. Polished crank. Pistons and rods have not been out of this engine. However, cylinder walls looked really good when i had the heads off (rebuilt before i bought it). Has tgp oil pump. Thats about it. Engine ran good when i had it taken out, but its been sitting since. Engine block has about 130,000 miles.

I live about 4 hours from chicago

·
Registered
214 Posts
damn, i was hoping alittle closer. i live in chicago, but go to school at illinois state university, adn i was hoping to come home one weekend and maybe pick it up, but i dont think im gana have the time or gas $ to come that far. damn, if its not sold in awhile, ill still be interested, but if it sells, o well. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.