J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a program i can use on my computer that could let me design my own car. Kinda like the one that guy in Fast and the Furious has, that designed the orange supra for that guy. Cuz i am turning my Z into a major project, i am willing to spend at least 5 grand on it!!

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
You need a CAD program such as Autocad, or Mechanical Desktop, or a 3D rendering program such as 3D studio Max. None of these progs are cheap, and you need lots of experience to use them. If you aren't really experienced with this type of stuff, rendering a car with them would be way more trouble than its worth.

·
Registered
67 Posts
yea, i've been doing 3d modeling for awhile and it would be tough to 3d model all that stuff to a science, your better off with a pen and paper, theres nothing you'll be able to do in those programs that you can't do with a calculator and some advice from a mechanic. But if your set in your ways, you might want to get a pirated copy of some software, it's illegal, but it's not a major sin, your not going to be using it to make $$ or anything.
Also, you might need more than 5000bux to turn your Z into a dream machine, but shoot for the stars brother... I'm currently saving up for a fully custom engine.

peace

·
Registered
39 Posts
chris,
first off, RIMS! i'm talkin 17's with low pros.
next, body kit, or at least the front bumper, get in with the g/p for the p/t designs combat style bumper. next, if you want fast, drop in a supercharged 3.4L, like one from the grand prix gtp's. that'll haul some serious ass, and for really, really fast, nitrous. i would suggest ZEX. they are better and more advanced than NOS, just not as well known. if i only had 5 grand

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Didn't you say your going to make it the fastest Stock? well Nitrois isn;t exactly stock. Maybe it was an option back on the assembly line but I don't remember that one =)

anyway good luck with the project.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have all of those programs including the new inventor. i like inventor better cause its easier and the graphics are better. i can get you them all for free if you want them but where are you located.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Well I designed for GM for Years, We use Unigraphics. Unfortuantly a seat of UG will run you around $50,000-$85,000 depending on what options you want.

You can get AutoCAD lite for a few hundred bucks. Not sure what 3-D abilites it has. Although I've always hated autoCAD. It's rather low end and basicly sucks for 3-D capabilities.

But I'm sure there's some sort of simulator program out there that will do what you want for much cheaper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts