J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) My headliner is coming down.. i want to either replace or reglue it. any suggestions from people who had this happen or know how to fix it?

2) while driving i hear ticking it sounds like its coming from the dash behind the left side. but only happens while driving. any ideas?

thx for any input.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey,
My headliner at the back was falling off. I pulled it down to find a velcro piece. I saw it had broken the mounts. So I used contact cement to glue a new piece of velco to the metal roof and another new piece (opposite type of course) to the top of the roof you can see. Then after they dried I stuf them together. any other parts I just put glue on and pulled it tight around the roof panel. For anywhere else I Used a can of glue from a friend that has a needle tip and pokes right through the fabric then sprays the static cling stuffl. then you push it up for a sec. I will try and find the name of the stuff for you.

Stealth

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey again,
I was looking in my canadian tire catalog... and found a company called "Heads Up" they make:
-quick fix headlner adhesive part#(HU98080)
-saggy-stoppers headliner repair part#(HU850

hope that helps
(my friend can't remember what that needle stuff was called)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Do you have a URL to a website or something for that company? I live in the USA, but have the same problem and need to have it fixed...I'll prob do it when I put the moonroof in.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good stuff man. ill prob head to can-tire tommarrow.. hmm think ill finish my drilling for my airflow my subs.. hehe i found out why im blowing tuning ports.. not enough room for it to breathe

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i took out the headliner. riped it off of the insulation.. cleaned off all that foam shit with the glue.. now im looking for suggestions in regards for materail.. any ideas?

also no one knows that clunking?

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Well, the only thing i could think of that would make a ticking behind the dash was the blower fan. But it would probably only do it if the AC or heater was on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got the same problem with the blower motor. As for headliner...maybe a felt from a craft store? That or rob one from the junkyard.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
welp.. ive decided to replace the intire interior due to the fact of this headliner.. heheh.. the headliner is now a kewl electric blue velvet and the seats are being done in an ice blue velvet and the carpet is going to be electric blue. the dash will have ice blue and silver highlights in places. lol... im quite fickle aint i.. and as for the ticking.. im taking it to my uncle to figure out.. thx for all the input. lol my uncle is gonna just love me... im gonna have my rear main seal, my clutch, brakes, exhaust system (cat & muff). lol.. over $1000 worth of crap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts