J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 5 weeks, the 3400 is finally running. The water pump doesnt sound to healthy so I will be changing that hopefully today. The only concern I have is the ticking, which sounds to be the Injectors. Is this normal? Im running the multec 2's with Scott0999,s chip.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya Ya. I will :) Anyway, I appreciate your help there at the beginning. I probably wouldnt have it running this soon if you didnt :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
spaceman said:
Well after 5 weeks, the 3400 is finally running. The water pump doesnt sound to healthy so I will be changing that hopefully today. The only concern I have is the ticking, which sounds to be the Injectors. Is this normal? Im running the multec 2's with Scott0999,s chip.
the ticking is the injectors....very normal on these engines. plus if its the first time running it your rockers and lifters probly haven't seen oil in a while so once its warmed up for a few secondsit'll quiet down, you'll still hear injector ticking though...

Usually takes my car 15-20 seconds for the valvetrain to quiet down.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Also be aware that piston slap is VERY common on these engines. The sides of the piston skirt wears down and increases the piston to cylinder bore clearance causing a ticking/knocking sound that doesnt go away.

My engine is at the machine shop right now for this issue. Something to be aware of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.