J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The firing order of our cars is 123456. But is it actually 123456 or is it 1&4, 3&6, 2&5 ?? Basically what I am asking is if cylinders 1&4, 2&5 and 3&6 are at the top of their compression stroke at the same time(as the other cylinder) respectively?

I had my plug wires on wrong, 1&4 were backwards and 2&5 were backwards... fixed it but I was wondering if it mattered.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
the firing order is 123456, the wires coming from the coil packs are 1&4, 2&5 and 3&6 afaik

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
xtremecavalier29 said:
Firing order isn't 123456... it's like 261534 or something like that. I'll ask my dad (mechanic) and will let you know.

[Adam]
Bullshonky! It's 123456. Simple and easy. :)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Firing order isn't 123456... it's like 261534 or something like that. I'll ask my dad (mechanic) and will let you know.
sorry but it IS 123456.
and this is being typed out by a GM mechanic and 60degree v6 guru.

yes as stated thats the firing order and thats the paired groups for the coils.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
damn jon beat me to it.. must have been typing at the same time LOL.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
it's definately 123456. how ever 2 cylinders fire at a time, but only one has fuel to ignite.

·
Registered
205 Posts
its 123456...it says on the back side of the heads...

and only reason I can think 2 pistons are up at a time is one is compressing and the other is pushing the exhaust out!...

anywho...I am pretty sure thats how it is..

Ben

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So instead of answering my question, peeps are arguing over the firing order. I know what the firing order is.. I said it in my original post.. ALONG with the coil pack pairs.... Did anyone actually read it ?

I wanted to know if it MATTERED that 1 and 4 were backwards and that 2 and 5 were backwards, as they are on the same coils...

·
Registered
193 Posts
of course it matters :x

easye Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's definately 123456. how ever 2 cylinders fire at a time, but only one has fuel to

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
For the last time the firing order is 123456. The coil packs are numbered 146325. I cant answer yout other question though.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I wanted to know if it MATTERED that 1 and 4 were backwards and that 2 and 5 were backwards, as they are on the same coils...
yes,

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
must of mistyped the coil order . My bad.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No its not, its 14 63 25 For %$#@ sakes... I KNOW THE FIRING ORDER. And if you don't know for SURE, you shouldn't be posting it on here....

:guns:

I love how not one person has given me a straight answer except that they don't know...

I mean, I've had them on wrong for the last 6 months and it ran fine, I think, but seems to be running a LITTLE better now.. but it could just be the weather.

I think the only person on here with a brain is Easye
it's definately 123456. how ever 2 cylinders fire at a time, but only one has fuel to ignite.
That makes sence... the question is whether or not the computer trells the DIS to spark on 3 separate occasions or on 6. I'm thinking its only 3.

And whats up with this:

For the last time the firing order is 123456. The coil packs are numbered 146325. I cant answer yout other question though.
No shit. Again, note my original post.

And this:

of course it matters

easye Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's definately 123456. how ever 2 cylinders fire at a time, but only one has fuel to
Actually brandonarenas, he is implying that it WOULDN'T matter...

These forums are going to shit. People who don't know the answers to legit questions are posting bullshit answers. The people who know whats going on only care about their non-3.1 engines like the hybrid 3X00 motors etc. Thats sad... What is this place coming to...

*sigh*

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
If you weren't so ambiguous in your first post, you would have gotten your answer straight away. But once you clarified it, Colin answered your question. Now what are you complaining about?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I find this whole thread pretty funny. I mean I could hardly understand what you were asking in the first post and when I and other people try to help you fucking call them idiots. Look I made a mistake typing something. Get over it! Maybe if you did some research on your own or clarify what the fuck you were lookking for there wouldnt even be this arguement. Try 2 good friend s of mine Haynes and Chiltons. They work wonders. Thats where I got my info from :roll:

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
Oh man this is too funny....

"Not one person answered the question"

the true fireing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6, the fireing order is the order in which the cylinders fire in order of power strkes, which if you look at cam timing timeing and crank journal throughs and how the 2 relate it is indeed 1-2-3-4-5-6.

The fact that there are 3 coils and there are companion cylinders that fire at the same time has NOTHING to do with firing order.

If the original question was: "What are the companion cylinders that each coil connects to"

Then the answer would have been: "From left to right, with the secondary connections up, 1&4 6&3 5&2." Which by the way is the same order for our "non 3.1 (3x00) engines".

So to say that "this board has gone to shit" because you didn't ask the question in a proper manner or you yourself don't know jack, does not mean that those that had previously answered did not know either, you were looking for companion cylinders, not fireing order.

This as Daily has implyed has to do with wastespark, which fires 2 plugs at the same time, one on a power stroke the other on an exhaust stroke, which is not determined by the ECM but by the ICM and the pulses it gets from the crank trigger, the ECM just controls timing of the spark events, not which cylindrs fire in what order.

So in conclusion don't go off on the board, because you don't know what you're talking about and don't ask the question right, but you get the answer to the question you asked and think that no one knows, really, stop and think about it for a while.

:roll:

Maybe I should have just replied with "Use the search button". :-?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.