J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my cav is pissin me off right now :evil: found the radiator leaking tonight.
so i need opinions here. if i would fix it or try selling it right now heres what im lookin at:

1. new wheel bearing on right side.. i have one just aint put it on yet.
2. windshield is cracked thanks to a coal truck earlier this year...i have glass breakage on insurance tho
3. that damn radiator
4. power window on driver front is going...one on driver rear already went
5. CV joint is going on pass side
6. TCC has been out for about a year
7. new exhaust
8. console is cracked
9. gonna need tires soon
10. needs painted
11. headliner falling
12. seats are fading
13. windshield washers dont work
14. tail lights need repainted
15. it has a salvage title
16. gonna need shocks soon
17. starting to rust around bottom of doors

DAMN :eek: maybe i should'nt have made this list :eek:

a few GOOD things it has.

1. remote start/ key-less entry
2. DAMN good AC
3. k&N drop-in
4. bosch platinum +4 plugs
5. custom made strut tower brace
6. new belt tensioner
7. new brakes
8. new driver side wheel bearing
9 new headlight switch stalk
10. new wiper switch stalk

i dont know...maybe i am just tired of working and putting money into my daily driver when i got a truck and a bike setting in the garage i want to work on.

keep in mind if i would sell it. i need something else to drive till i get the truck on the road.
but should i just sell it and get a cheap reliable beater so i can ficus on my truck and bike? :-?

or should i just shoot it and put it down

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
ill tell you what, you deliver it to my house and ill take it off your hands ;) hell ill even meet you half way ;)

seriously though, sounds like a lot of time your gonna put into it, but it could be fun ;)

in the end it willl be up to you, but your probably wont get as much for it in the condition it is in.

·
Registered
177 Posts
disco_stu said:
I say sell it, but keep all of the good stuff you put into it, then buy another cavy and mod out that one :D
I'm with disco on this one, get something better like a coupe! Those are nice machines!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
larphead said:
keep in mind if i would sell it. i need something else to drive till i get the truck on the road.
but should i just sell it and get a cheap reliable beater so i can ficus on my truck and bike? :-?

or should i just shoot it and put it down
You just answered your own question really... There is no such thing as a cheap reliable beater. If you buy something cheaper, chances are it will be ugly, and have just as many and if not, more problems then your current car has... Just quit the crying and fix your beater. The only serious problems I noticed on your list were the wheel bearing, radiator and CV joint... Remember a beater just has to work, and yours appears to be doing just that.

-Al.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
You'll not get anything for it if you decide to sell it. I looked up trade in value for my 'bird, and it has exactly ZERO trade in value. Retail ain't so hot either. Probably less than $1500, considering it's got high miles and a salvage title as well. And mine's a six cyl!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
amancuso said:
You just answered your own question really... There is no such thing as a cheap reliable beater. If you buy something cheaper, chances are it will be ugly, and have just as many and if not, more problems then your current car has... Just quit the crying and fix your beater. The only serious problems I noticed on your list were the wheel bearing, radiator and CV joint... Remember a beater just has to work, and yours appears to be doing just that.

-Al.
WURD my brotha, no matter what you get its gonna, suck, cav still runs keep it

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Well at lest you know what is wrong with this one. If you were to buy another car you don't really know what is wrong with it. Also you know what has been done to your car and you know that the things you fixed shouldn't go any time soon. Unless you buy a brand new car there is no point in getting another used car with problems

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.