J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyz... my E-Brake doesn't work and I was wondering how I need to go about fixin it? where's the cable or whatever for it located? Let me know.. I really want my e-brake!! :lol: :pimp:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
it may have come lose at the handle. remove the center console and look to see it its still hooked up if not, grab the cable and stick it back on its bracket, if it is on there try adjusting it, the adjuster thing should be somewhere near the rear axle

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
the cable is under the car between the 2 rear wheels alongside the axle. first spin a wheel and pull on the cable til the wheel stops, if there is a LOT of slack you will have to adjust it. if it doesnt stop the wheel, then you've got some bigger problems.
to adjust, there will be a bracket holding 2 cables together (the main one going to the front of the car, then the second one goes to the left wheel) and from the left cable there will be a bolt which you have to tighten (you might have to clamp some pliers on the cable so it doesnt turn).

good luck :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ha, hopefully you don't get under the car to adjust it and find that your cable that runs to the handle is broken and rusted like mine... :( . I wonder how hard it will be to replace that?

Korey :moon:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
not to hard. there's a big nut that you under and pull it out from under the car. i think its around 50-60$cdn to replace

·
Registered
209 Posts
Under where? Do I just have to replace the one cable that goes from the handle to the rear or both?

Korey (sorry, did not mean to jack the thread) :moon:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My brake wasn't working for some time as well. Until I took off one of the brake drums only to discover that the cable came out of the brake assembly. So I'd recommend looking in there too! 8)

·
Registered
344 Posts
rocketeer2001 said:
My brake wasn't working for some time as well. Until I took off one of the brake drums only to discover that the cable came out of the brake assembly. So I'd recommend looking in there too! 8)
yup same here.. I replaced the whole assembly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.