J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes i have 1/2 tank of gas...sometimes i have 1/4 tnk of gas...stupid needle opn my gas fluctuates....anyone know how i can fix this and how much it would cost???

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Does it just vary when you are driving, or does it change when the car is sitting still? If it just changes when driving, its just because of the fuel sloshing around in the tank, or angle changes such as a hill or something. If it fluxuates while sitting still, the sensor is probably bad, which would probably involve dropping the tank to replace.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its while im driving...and if it was standing still im not dropping the damn tank for that...ill just keep guessing

·
17,284 Posts
Both my 1991 Z24 and my 1993 Z24 do the same thing. The guage changes while i'm driving. It's not too bad of a problem! I have learned to live with it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think its normal. My gauge floats too. The gas sloshes around in the tank so the sensor would see it as going up and down. When sitting at a light or when your parked and the car is on thats really how much you have left. I noticed it happens on corners, stopping, accerating, going up hills, and bumps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts