J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone has this muffler on their 2.8, could you post some sound clips so i can hear what it would sound like?

thanks in advance

· Registered
2,269 Posts
ive got a 40 series delta flow.

its pretty loud. has that nice sound at 5-6k RPM when shifting
reminds me of my buddies flowmaster on his mustang, has that deep nice throaty v8 sound to it....

· Registered
3,090 Posts
i had an street series 40. it sounded freaking awesome at idle, exactly like a v8, but once you stopped idling i found the sound to be too similar to a stock muffler with a hole in it. so i bought a straight thru muffler and a resonator and i like my new setup alot more.

· Registered
2,269 Posts
oh i should add.. i have a glasspack style resonator in line before the flowmaster..

i added it with my old 80 series flowmaster as it was wwaaaaaay to loud. toned it down and got rid of most of the raspyness

the resonator is sitting in the spot where the cat should be. its on there as well with the delta flow 40 series as well.

combined sounds great.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya, i'm more interested in the 40 series original tho... it's cheaper :D

· Registered
911 Posts
if you buy a 40 series delta flow dont put a tip on it. it will be sooo quiet with a tip. keep the muffler under the car with no tip and it will sound like u have a 305 under the hood. i just took my tip off the other day and i have gotten soo many compliments on the sound.

· Registered
6,633 Posts
slimshady_69_4life said:
if you buy a 40 series delta flow dont put a tip on it. it will be sooo quiet with a tip. keep the muffler under the car with no tip and it will sound like u have a 305 under the hood. i just took my tip off the other day and i have gotten soo many compliments on the sound.
your car sounded awesome last time i heard it.... i can't imagine what it sounds like now... prolly even better :)

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright... you convinced me! i'll get the delta flow :D

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slimshady_69_4life said:
do you have any sound clips that i could listen to by any chance?

· Registered
71 Posts
i have a DynoMaxx and it sounds pretty decent from about 2000 - 4500 then it kinda sounds stock. I wanna get a flowmaster 40 series soon and hopefully find someone around my area that can help me do some stuff with my 3.1

later guys

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tnd27 said:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com goto sound page and all the way down to the left, is a vette, OMG!
ya i've listened to the clips on there. they sound sweet. but i was just curious about what it would sound like on my car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.