J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions and/or links for a new flywheel and clutch for my 87 Z24 3500 swap project?
Obviously I don't want to stay factory.

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,652 Posts
I got a ZF flywheel for my 88 some time back. Machining was top notch. No problems with it at all.
As for the clutch, I did a search and here is one of the results:
You can bring up more by searching for; 3400 3500 performance clutch.

·
Premium Member
1988 Z24 Coupe 5spd, 1988 Wagon w/94 Auto Drivetrain, 1992 Z24 Convertible Auto, 1994 Z24 Coupe 5spd
2,652 Posts
Hey again

I'm in the same boat. Seems some of the brands mentioned in the thread I linked to don't list those clutches anymore. At least I couldn't find any. The Centerforce DF I was looking at may not be all I thought it to be. I'm just using a 3400, but wanted a good street clutch with higher than stock holding power. I saw the claim that the CF DF is really just a stock rated clutch for FWD cars. They don't have the weights that are on the RWD. I've got a Luk kit I bought when I thought maybe the engine (3.1 LHO) might have been okay. It wasn't so I switched to plan B,,,, install a 3400. Well, now I'm stuck on what clutch to get. There was mention of a clutch kit for the Fiero V8 that is supposed to have good feel for street use and much more holding power than I'll need. I see it listed, but it says it requires a CF flywheel. Now, I'm not sure if that is ONLY if one is going to use the clutch on a V8 engine, is the said flywheel required??? Could it be the clutch kit it's self will work on a V6 flywheel??? Hopefully that will be the case. I'll have to try to look more into it soon.
If anyone does know that CF V8 clutch will work on a V6 flywheel, PLEASE let us know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked up and called KY Clutch. They were able to suggest a decent priced clutch for my build. Haven't decided if that is what I am getting, but at least I know where to get one now.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Cool.
If you do get the KY Clutch, please let us know how it is.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I got an EZ clutch for my car like a decade ago. I don't have much mileage on it ( 1/4 miles don't add up fast ) but it's been a great clutch. Not sure if they are still around. It's a 6 puck stage 3 with a new factory flywheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts