J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moon, I see the fogs on your car... how did u hook them up? Do they tap into your parking lights or you have a seperate switch? I'm want some similar to your style, does anyone recommend a certain brand that's not tooo much money?

also... I like this site moon!

Jay

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Do NOT tap into the parking light wire!
You will eventually fry the headlight switch, I have seen it happen.
I wired mine with a switch into an accessory wire. That way, I can control when I want them on with the switch, but no matter what, they will shut off when I turn off the car, so I can't forget and leave them on.
Mine are Eurobahn Nighblaster lights I got at Advance Auto parts about 2 years ago for $40 or $50.

Glad you like the site!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the key, using the acessory wire.... I was just worried about them staying on. Now I'm glad I asked, cuz I would've tapped them into the parking light... Thanks for the help.

Jay

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just figured I'd add, I have a nice set of fog lights from Pep Boys that were 55 bucks. They are hyper white lights but the outer edge on each light has a blue light bulb on a seperate wire. The way I ran them was the tiny blue lights got tied into the parking lights cause the don't draw much power and it looks good with the parking lights on. Then I ran the stronger hyper whites to a switch an ran the switch to my wiper fuse. Havn't had any problems and the lights look really good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, sounds tight. Do you have a picture of it? Also, where did you mount your switch inside the car?

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts