J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to install some fogs on my car. The problem is that I've never really wired any automotive stuff before, and don't know too much about it. I'm not even sure how to secure the wiring (special clips or something?).
I know that most people wire new accessories into the fuse box, or something like that.

Anyway, I know that people will probably warn me to get it done by someone who knows how, but I would like to LEARN how. Gotta try things myself if I wanna learn (I don't mind having to do it over again if i screw up)

Anybody have any links to guides, tips, instructions, etc. for me? I wanna see if I can get this done before I head away to college in two weeks.

(Also... is buying fogs from wal-mart a bad idea? I don't want really expensive ones...)

Thx,

King
(Asks WAY too many questions)

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
It isnt all that hard to do. I would say the hardest part is actually mounting the fogs to the bumper and making sure everything is even and the same on both sides. Just follow the instructions that come with the fogs for wiring info. Some kits come with a relay, some don't, it depends on the wattage. They should also come with an inline fuse, so you don't need to wire it up to the fuse box. Mine is wired to an accessory wire, that only gets power when the car is on, that way I don't have to worry about leaving them on when I shut the car off.
Wal-Mart fogs should be just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts