J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the kids on my paintball team has a ford probe. well we all call it the "annal" probe. anywayz he said he could kick my ass in a race but im not sure.. i dont know if he has a four or a six under the hood. i think it is a four and that is what other people told me. i know if it is a four i could kill him but what if it had a six? could i have a chance? also my car has a 2.8 v6 in it :wink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would really like to know the outcome of that too. A month ago a guy in a pink Probe GT (96?) came up to me on the main strip in town, smiled and said "hey you want to race?" and before I could reply he said "wanna race for slips?"
I just kinda laughed. Even if I won I wouldn't want a pink car :roll: jesus. But I had to turn off right after that to bring my girlfriend to work and I haven't seen him since.
Do the GT's have a six cylinder? I also just read something about a potent 2.5 in them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
hmm if it's a 4 banger i'd say you could take him. if it's a six(i think they came with a 3.0) then it would be close.

PS. i think they also had a turbo model.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check this, the 1st gen probes had either the 3.0 V6(quick but not fast), 2.2 N/A(not very quick), or the 2.2 Turbo(fast especially when the boost is up). The 2nd gen had either the 2.0 DOHC(slow) or the 2.5 v6 DOHC(slower than the 2.2 turbo but is still fast)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Around here i have a couple friends with probes the kid with the v6 was running 10.7 in the 1/8th and the kid with the 2.2 turbo was pulling 10.6 in the 1/8th. my car with the 3.1 is pulling 10 flat. but i bet it would be a hell of a race if he had the v6 or the turbo 2.2. it also matters how good the driver is.

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
for the most part you could probably take him unless he has either of the first or second gen GT models... mine has the 3.0v6... and i have been beaten by a few z's and beat a few... so its really close... and of the 4 banger's you shouldnt have a problem

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.