J-Body Automobiles Forum banner

Found a company that will make Headers!!!!

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  blackwidowz24 
#1 ·
Ok, I was just wondering about headers. I saw where cavsrus wrote something about headers and how noone makes them. I decided to email some companies and got a reply today. The company is ssheaders. There website is ssheaders.com. I told them about our site and how much j-bodies that we have. She told me that they have done internet orders before and for the headers to be in production that they have to have a prototype car in Arizona and at least 25 orders. She also told me that the car that is donated to them will get free HEADERS!!!!! I however live in TN but is anyone else interested other than me. I asked her roughly how much they would cost and as soon as I find out I'll let you know. Fill out your name below. Oh yeah they are for 2.8 v6. I don't know if 3.1's are the same or not but if they are fill out your name.......

1.Joshua Botts TN

#3 ·
probly have more people if they were 3400 headers due to the bigger exhaust port openings.....plus the 2.8/3.1 guys could still use them, because the layout would be the same, just different flange. if they are 3400 headers i'd buy a set.

#4 ·
zepplica said:
yes they are the same BUT is your car an auto or stick
My cars a auto.

Yeah Robert I wish I had a 3400 in my ride!!!! Then I'm sure my ride would haul it!!!!! :D But if I can get 25 people and someone who lives in Arizona who will give up there car for a little bit they get free headers. I think thats a deal right there!!!!!lol Hopefully I can get enough!!!!

#7 ·
barrok69 said:
blackwidowz24 said:
Ok, I was just wondering about headers. I saw where cavsrus wrote something about headers and how noone makes them. I decided to email some companies and got a reply today. The company is ssheaders. There website is ssheaders.com. I told them about our site and how much j-bodies that we have. She told me that they have done internet orders before and for the headers to be in production that they have to have a prototype car in Arizona and at least 25 orders. She also told me that the car that is donated to them will get free HEADERS!!!!! I however live in TN but is anyone else interested other than me. I asked her roughly how much they would cost and as soon as I find out I'll let you know. Fill out your name below. Oh yeah they are for 2.8 v6. I don't know if 3.1's are the same or not but if they are fill out your name.......

1.Joshua Botts TN
probly have more people if they were 3400 headers due to the bigger exhaust port openings.....plus the 2.8/3.1 guys could still use them, because the layout would be the same, just different flange. if they are 3400 headers i'd buy a set.
Yes, they make headers for the 3400. HOWEVER, their web page list the 3400 headers made specifically for the Grand Am. I believe that some other members of V6Z24.com tried to mount Grand Am 3400 headers on an AUTO J-body, without success (too long). They needed major modification, and who wants to hack up an expensive set of NEW headers? On another note, they are asking a pretty penny for their headers as it is. If you live in Canada (like me), shipping and customs charges make them unaffordable. When factoring in the additional costs of shipping into Canada, JBP headers are more of a bargain. Since most members of V6Z24 are looking for headers for the 3400 in a J-body, this would make the headers a "special application". Who knows what they would want to charge then. I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble, but these are some things to consider before getting too excited.

#8 ·
i've delt with them for a few years, that's where i buy my collectors and U bends from to make my own headers. decent prices and ok shipping.. although i've had a few "issues" here and there.

you won't get 25 orders.. sorry :wink:

If they used the same front header as the GAGT uses and then just came up with a modified rear design it would work. But they'd need both a 5 speed AND an auto car to verify fittment.

#9 ·
L bodies could use them too if this happened. 3400-95-modified on 60degreev6.com got some SS headers and re-did the angle on the rear flange so it would clear the firewall. He had to modify the crossover too of course.

Too bad he didn't send them off to SSheaders to copy first! Of course they probably won't clear the 5spd mounts.

It wouldn't be much for them to modify the grand am headers for auto and 5spd setups that would work for L and J bodies.. :(

#12 ·
I will be making 10 sets in to before end of september. The details have not been cleared out yet but we all ready made a prototype. they will be in the 500-600 dollar range. As soon as one is finished ill post pics and you guys will be able to place orders. This is happening for sure since I blew a rod on my 3400 so I have a car for a mock up. and they will be made for a 5sp, the auto guys will have to try and see if it fits then the header can be modified and 5 auto sets can be made. Ill put up a post soon with the full specs.

#15 ·
pezed said:
at this point making headers for anything less than a 3400+5 speed would be a waste.
making headers for your stock 3.1 would not gain you nearly as much power as just dropping in a 3400 (and probably cost about the same) :lol:
espicially when you can get 2 brand new 3500 front manifolds from GM for under $150 and have almost the same gain as a pair of shorty headers... :lol:

#16 ·
whitelightning2 said:
pezed said:
at this point making headers for anything less than a 3400+5 speed would be a waste.
making headers for your stock 3.1 would not gain you nearly as much power as just dropping in a 3400 (and probably cost about the same) :lol:
espicially when you can get 2 brand new 3500 front manifolds from GM for under $150 and have almost the same gain as a pair of shorty headers... :lol:
do those manifolds goto a crossover like the 3400 or do they go straight down I forget?

#21 ·
She got back with me and told me it would probably cost around the amount of the 3400's. She said roughly $514.00. Had no idea that people on here has done asked around. Saw where people was looking for headers so I thought I'd see if I could find out anything. Had no idea about the past of the company. I assumed if the price was right than I would probably get them. I would much rather pay someone in the v6z24 family the money than a company though. Everyone talks about how much hassle they are so I just didn't want someone to have to go through it. DAVE I plan on getting you to make me some headers for my 2.8 auto this winter. Like I said, I would much rather give you the money than a company. I guess this thread is pretty much useless. :lol:

#22 ·
blackwidowz24 said:
She got back with me and told me it would probably cost around the amount of the 3400's. She said roughly $514.00. Had no idea that people on here has done asked around. Saw where people was looking for headers so I thought I'd see if I could find out anything. Had no idea about the past of the company. I assumed if the price was right than I would probably get them. I would much rather pay someone in the v6z24 family the money than a company though. Everyone talks about how much hassle they are so I just didn't want someone to have to go through it. DAVE I plan on getting you to make me some headers for my 2.8 auto this winter. Like I said, I would much rather give you the money than a company. I guess this thread is pretty much useless. :lol:
Sorry man, i'm all for performance of the '660 but i won't be making headers for a auto 2.8. I don't have a car to build them on and i just don't think it's worth the hassle.

Now, if you want to swap to something larger and a 5 speed then we can talk. :wink:

#23 ·
whitelightning2 said:
blackwidowz24 said:
Sorry man, i'm all for performance of the '660 but i won't be making headers for a auto 2.8. I don't have a car to build them on and i just don't think it's worth the hassle.

Now, if you want to swap to something larger and a 5 speed then we can talk. :wink:
That's cool bro, I know what's it's like with all the hassle, very understandable. Maybe I can find someone who's interested in doing it. I might end up tackling it on my own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.