J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at a local junkyard over by ohare airport and as i walked in i noticed an older grand prix so i walked over to it and sure shit... a 1990 tgp black with tan leather. its got 91k on it, rough body paint (but solid rockers etc) and it runs rough... think 1g is worth it? i do..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
To swap the turbo engine and have the whole car as a donor for your project may be worth the initial cost. Yeah, I do think that the initial price is a little steep, but you may be happier in the long run.

BTW, you didn't tell the J/Y how rare the car was did you? That would expain the 1G asking price if you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
To swap the turbo engine and have the whole car as a donor for your project may be worth the initial cost. Yeah, I do think that the initial price is a little steep, but you may be happier in the long run.

BTW, you didn't tell the J/Y how rare the car was did you? That would expain the 1G asking price if you did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,604 Posts
acurategguy said:
To swap the turbo engine and have the whole car as a donor for your project may be worth the initial cost. Yeah, I do think that the initial price is a little steep, but you may be happier in the long run.

BTW, you didn't tell the J/Y how rare the car was did you? That would expain the 1G asking price if you did.
ummm..using a TGP as a donor car for a cavalier?..im sorry, im a cavy fan all the way...but i would own the TGP grand prix over a Z24 any day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
imthegr8_1 said:
acurategguy said:
To swap the turbo engine and have the whole car as a donor for your project may be worth the initial cost. Yeah, I do think that the initial price is a little steep, but you may be happier in the long run.

BTW, you didn't tell the J/Y how rare the car was did you? That would expain the 1G asking price if you did.
ummm..using a TGP as a donor car for a cavalier?..im sorry, im a cavy fan all the way...but i would own the TGP grand prix over a Z24 any day
People stop destroying the few rare TGPs in this world. I am with you on this one. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no swapping would be done with this car. i was to restore it back to original, maybe a few bolt ons but nothing serious. i really hope i can get this before somebody else. when i was looking at it as it was running there were some people eyeing it up so... hopefully by monday i can go there with some cash and make an offer :pimp:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
How about you take about 20% of that 1G (approximatly how much you stole from me) you would spend on that TGP and send it to me, or my Emulator, whihc ever one is easier.

BTW, don't give me any bullshit answers like "there was no tracking number" because I just got a shipment in from Moates, through USPS and they tracked ALL THE WAY TO MY DOOR, in Canada. It also took less than a week to get here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,294 Posts
keep in mind the junkyard paid $0-$100 for the car...

TGP's are cool, but I don't know about fully restoring one :-? they're not really worth anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cavdaddy05 said:
spending a grand for a car from teh JY when you owe someone money for something you were supposed to ship...

gtfo
get the fuck out? whats wrong with you? EVERYBODY else i have shipped to has received their fucking packages. i dont care if chris or nobody believes me. the people who i talk to on this site respect me and i respect them and know i wouldnt screw them over. how about gtfo of my thread if your going to be a PRICK :moon:

anyways i wouldnt pay a grand for it, i think im gonna low ball them and see... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
midnightriderz24 said:
cavdaddy05 said:
spending a grand for a car from teh JY when you owe someone money for something you were supposed to ship...

gtfo
get the fuck out? whats wrong with you? EVERYBODY else i have shipped to has received their fucking packages. i dont care if chris or nobody believes me. the people who i talk to on this site respect me and i respect them and know i wouldnt screw them over. how about gtfo of my thread if your going to be a PRICK :moon:

anyways i wouldnt pay a grand for it, i think im gonna low ball them and see... :p
I am simply stating what I have observed

and if youve ripped off one person, whos actually going to trust you? Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you. I just dont think you should be blatantly spending money when you supposedly owe somebody an emulator or a refund. yeah, sure maybe it got lost in the mail. Thats why you insure what you ship and back up your item.

and maybe Chris is lying about it, but I really doubt that he seems like an honest guy
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
cavdaddy05 said:
midnightriderz24 said:
cavdaddy05 said:
spending a grand for a car from teh JY when you owe someone money for something you were supposed to ship...

gtfo
get the fuck out? whats wrong with you? EVERYBODY else i have shipped to has received their fucking packages. i dont care if chris or nobody believes me. the people who i talk to on this site respect me and i respect them and know i wouldnt screw them over. how about gtfo of my thread if your going to be a PRICK :moon:

anyways i wouldnt pay a grand for it, i think im gonna low ball them and see... :p
I am simply stating what I have observed

and if youve ripped off one person, whos actually going to trust you? Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you. I just dont think you should be blatantly spending money when you supposedly owe somebody an emulator or a refund. yeah, sure maybe it got lost in the mail. Thats why you insure what you ship and back up your item.

and maybe Chris is lying about it, but I really doubt that he seems like an honest guy
Yep, I wouldn't lie about this, and if I had received the Emu, I wouldn't have needed to buy an Ostrich, would I? ;)

Paul, all I asked for, to clear your name was a shipping munber which you NEVER sent me, after asking for it several times.

With that tracking number I could have found out what happened to the package, if it really was shipped.

With no proof of shipment and at least one other member that waitied an extremly long time to receive his item, which after he started a thread about it, you magically found it and shipped it by a "different service", so as far I'm concerned you ripped me off, and you attempted to rip off another member.

BTW the Ostrich I ordered, it came USPS, which you supposedly used for my Emu and it was at my door in less than a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cavdaddy05 said:
midnightriderz24 said:
cavdaddy05 said:
spending a grand for a car from teh JY when you owe someone money for something you were supposed to ship...

gtfo
get the fuck out? whats wrong with you? EVERYBODY else i have shipped to has received their fucking packages. i dont care if chris or nobody believes me. the people who i talk to on this site respect me and i respect them and know i wouldnt screw them over. how about gtfo of my thread if your going to be a PRICK :moon:

anyways i wouldnt pay a grand for it, i think im gonna low ball them and see... :p
I am simply stating what I have observed

and if youve ripped off one person, whos actually going to trust you? Anyways, I'm not going to argue with you. I just dont think you should be blatantly spending money when you supposedly owe somebody an emulator or a refund. yeah, sure maybe it got lost in the mail. Thats why you insure what you ship and back up your item.

and maybe Chris is lying about it, but I really doubt that he seems like an honest guy
chris you didnt have a problem recieving the cartech rrfpr in a week did you? guaranteed you got the emu and realized the new model was comming out and wanted free cash back from me and a free emulator. the only reason people would believe six is because and cavdaddy, mind you own business ok? and yes i did ship the emu, but i didnt keep the reciept. i dont need every thread i make wrecked by you.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,044 Posts
Ok, I've been nice up until now, FUCK YOU, I wouldn't do a thing as you suggest. Besides, back In December, there were no (AFAIK) plans to release a new version of the Ostrich, if there was I didn't know a thing about it. If I had received the Emu, I wouldn't have what I do in my sig, nor would I be saying that I didn't receive it. I do NOT rip people off, nor would I. If I receive something I pay for I am happy, obviously I am not happy about this because I did not receive the emu. I will continue to "wreck" your threads until you rectify the situation. By providing a tracking number, whihc you for some reason couldn't go out to your car to get, you keep telling me that you would get it "tomorrow" a few times, you should have gone out to your god damn car right then and there, and got me the tracking number if you actually shipped it, which as far as I am concerned you have done everything a scam artist pulls. "Oh I lost the recipt", "I'll get you the number tomorrow", "I sent it already". All words that would have been confirmed had you actually provided the information that was asked for. This could have been so simple. There are still two unread PMs in my outbox concerning this situation, whihc is yet another sign of a scam artist.

Yes, I received the FMU (about a year earlier), which is why I thought this transaction would have gone as smoothly, too bad people like you are still out there ripping people off.

With your last post, you just made an enemy, that will in every thread you post in, be right there to "wreck it for you".

I don't like being accused of trying to rip someone off, when I do everything I can to help people out.

Really GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Send me my money or my Emu, simple as that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
I did, after I dont know almost two months and a half of waiting recieve my Item. But I do say this. The item did arrive.

But I did contact the local authorities in the county that he lived in and they asked for all of his info as they considered this mail fraud. It wasnt until after all that, that I recieved my item.

I did not go through with the charge, but a week after I informed him of my process I did recieve my item.

But in my last PM to him after I recieved the item I did reiterate that if he had of just provided a transaction number and answered my many many emails, phone calls and PMs I wouldnt have had to go to that extreme.

As far as I am concerened If you dont receive your item within 30 days cross border or not, File a Mail Fraud Charge. I have bought so much stuff and it never takes more then 30 days to get to me. And nor should it you. Protect yourself, I would rather apologize then be taken for a fool. :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top