J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it keeps comming on and i don't know why... it's not throwing any codes. i've checked every time it comes on. all fluids are fine... if i shut the car off and turn it back on it goes away for a while, but of course, eventually comes back. anyone know what the hell's going on?

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
does it only come on if you go bove a certain speed? or if you brake hard at high speed?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
soup said:
does it only come on if you go bove a certain speed? or if you brake hard at high speed?
actually ya... i notice it most when i'm on the expressway or when i'm downshifting

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
i have the same problem. i think i have narrowed it down to either an exhaust issue, mainly egr, or a vaccuum leak also pertaining to the egr

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soup said:
i have the same problem. i think i have narrowed it down to either an exhaust issue, mainly egr, or a vaccuum leak also pertaining to the egr
i'm leanin towards a vacuum leak cuz i still havn't solved my screwy idle, which i'm thinkin' is being caused by a vacuum leak

i just can't find one

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
hey if i find mine ill let you know where it is ;) i cant plug in my egr or the car will suffocate itself with exhaust and stall

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brad91Z said:
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 15 min and then see if the light stays off??

Brad
nope... but i'll give it a try

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i unhooked the batter for 15 minutes but it didn't change anything, and light's commin' on EVERY SINGLE TIME i downshift of the engine slows down from high rpms.... it's extremely irritating

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
like i said its the same probelm i have, i am almost positive it has something to do with the egr. Maybe one day when i have some cash ill figure it out, this week im going to replace the erg gasket and check the vaccuum lines and maybe try to figure out what the hell is going on with it. Maybe then ill only have on egr in my car lmao!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
soup said:
like i said its the same probelm i have, i am almost positive it has something to do with the egr. Maybe one day when i have some cash ill figure it out, this week im going to replace the erg gasket and check the vaccuum lines and maybe try to figure out what the hell is going on with it. Maybe then ill only have on egr in my car lmao!!!
well when you figure it out, make sure to let me know.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
hey wemet i want you to try something, after the check engine light comes on do you notice an increase in throttle response? I have been testing it out again tonight and after the light came on i had a quicker throttle response and it seemed like it would accelerate quicker. Also i have noticed that when the light is on i am able to reach higher speeds. I dont know what the hell it is and i know its annoying but it seems to me that whenever the light is on i can speed up and not hit a limiter :-? Im very confused by all this.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
soup said:
hey wemet i want you to try something, after the check engine light comes on do you notice an increase in throttle response? I have been testing it out again tonight and after the light came on i had a quicker throttle response and it seemed like it would accelerate quicker. Also i have noticed that when the light is on i am able to reach higher speeds. I dont know what the hell it is and i know its annoying but it seems to me that whenever the light is on i can speed up and not hit a limiter :-? Im very confused by all this.
well... i'll give it a try and get back to you.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
ok, let me know. I should be looking into this probelm next weekend when i ahve the time and hopefully ill get an answer for both of us!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
soup said:
ok, let me know. I should be looking into this probelm next weekend when i ahve the time and hopefully ill get an answer for both of us!!
awesome... it's really annoying

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
what vaccuum line? cause my car used to be a 4cyl and i put in a 2.8!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.