J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
they wont bolt on unless you get some lights from the same phase as yours.. look for a 88-90 sunbird with those lights instead, then it will be a bolt on deal.

and yes someone will say yes they will fit if you hack up your header panel., but i think its better to do it the right way to start with.

·
Registered
98 Posts
im pretty sure all the sunbirds from 90 to 94 use those headlights and the same mounts they look the same as my 90 bird. i dont know if they will be a direct bolt on to a cavy though but i just figured id say they look the same as mine so i dont think you need to find one from the same phase

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
v6bluebird said:
for sunbirds it doesnt matter, they all bolt up, 88-94 use the same headlights and grille. they'll bolt right up :)
they are the same externally.. but the header panel/ hood latch parts changed in 90 or 91 or so, on both cavies and sunbirds.. im at least 90% certain of this :lol:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
yeah the hood latch changed in 91, and the ph1 header panel is completely different from the sunbirds, which dont really have a header panel at all :p BUT, the ph1 latch works fine with the 'bird lights. the header panel is something i didnt think of tho, it's supposed to hold the bumper down kinda, isnt it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.