J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im wondering about my fuel pressure. when I disconect the vac line to the FPR the pressure reads between 42-44 psi (in spec) but with the vac line conected the fuel pressure is 30-32max at all rpms and throtle position. Im using a pre 00 fpr. Is that suppost to be like that?

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
brinky said:
Hi, Im wondering about my fuel pressure. when I disconect the vac line to the FPR the pressure reads between 42-44 psi (in spec) but with the vac line conected the fuel pressure is 30-32max at all rpms and throtle position. Im using a pre 00 fpr. Is that suppost to be like that?
yup.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
brinky said:
So my pump wont be able to supply that, therefor I cant use the 00+ fpr? Or will it work fine?
your stock pump should be able to supply that, or very close to it, if its in new condition. An old pump will be weak, and probly not be able to support that. GTP pump time :)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its ready a nice 43-44 around there. With the old pump can I run the 55psi FPR? or is that going to mess stuff up? Ill get a pump later on sometime before winter.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
brinky said:
its ready a nice 43-44 around there. With the old pump can I run the 55psi FPR? or is that going to mess stuff up? Ill get a pump later on sometime before winter.
use 00+ FPR with M2's, use pre99FPR with M1's simple as that.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
brinky said:
Cool, thanks! I had a M1 setup before, problably see some better MPGs from the M2s. Thanks again
doubt it. shouldn't be any differences in mpg unless your tuning for both are different.

fyi: you can't use your M1 tuned chip with the M2's either, it'll run like complete crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.