J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whenever my gas gets low my car will have problems. What happens is if I don't fill it up early enough the car won't work unless you pump the pedal while driving. It will work for a little bit and then it will stop working. So i fill it up with gas and it works fine again. My gauge seems to work but I usually don't ever see the gas light come on to fill up and the needle doesn't really seem to reach E it is just before E. I was wondering whether anyone had any ideas? Is it possibly my gauge or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm going to replace my fuel filter today, because I don't know if it's ever been changed before.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Could just be the fuel filter is real dirty, but it sounds like it may be the fuel pump. Change that fuel filter and see if it improves. Otherwise just fill up more often if you don't want to replace the pump

·
Registered
599 Posts
Usually you get floaties at the bottom of the gas tank. and when you run it low on gas you start to suck these through your fuel filter. Also never get gas at a station when the truck is filling the tanks underground. Same reason as above.

isaacs93cavi

·
Registered
129 Posts
yup change the fuel filter and pump. the filter is really cheap and the pump is like $100 but its a bitch to do. but that sounds like ur prob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.