J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard about a small yellow device manufactured by GM that you put on your fuel lines under the hood and by magnetical resonnance it does something to the fuel mollecules so their combustion is better when injected in the engine. It's supposed to increase gas mileage by 27% and give some extra power. Check this out :
<LINK_TEXT text="http://00000000102.0000000056.000000002 ... s-001.html">http://00000000102.0000000056.00000000231.00000000310/~jirt/gas-001.html</LINK_TEXT>
Anyone has ever tried it, if yes does it really work ???

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gasoline isn't magnetic. Nor does it conduct electricity. So with my limited knowledge of physics, I don't see any way this could possibly increase fuel economy. Not based on your description, anyway, as the link won't open. Then again, I trust GM, and it's not like they're running informercials promoting the power of magnets to unlock fuel eceonomy and immortality.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For those who can't open the link, here's a little bit of the page:

How does it work?

The Fuel Saver accelerates combustion and burns more of the fuel that is normally exhausted as unburned pollution. By way of its patented Neodymium super conductors it generates the specific resonance frequency that when installed over the fuel line, will fracture the hydrocarbon chains in the passing fuel providing accelerated combustion. It's easy to install, anyone can do it!!

As far as I can tell, it doesn't have anything to do with magnets, it just vibrates at a specific frequency.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I heard about these a while back. I think its just a bunch of hipe since I have been unable to find a "respectable" site selling these things. I wouldn't order one of those off that website, because I have a feeling it may be a scam. Here is a simpler address for the page:
http://66.46.153.200/~jirt/gas-001.html
The site appears to be run off of someones personal computer using an AT&T Canada internet connection.
Dunno if I trust it

·
Registered
118 Posts
If someone were so inclined they could look up these supposed "GM Patents" and see if this is legit. My guess is that it's a scam.

# 4,802,931
# 4,496,395
# 4,770,723

·
Registered
69 Posts
With the mention of 'superconductors' I'm 99% sure it's crap. Superconductors only work at like -200 deg. C. Unless it comes with a liquid nitrogen or other extreme cooling system, that's just not possible.

·
Registered
725 Posts
a thing like this is in JCWhitney Catalog. Pt. 38US8022B pg. 63 (couldn't find on jcwhitney.com)

""When gas is in your tank for a while, fuel molecules can cluster. The interior molecules can't be exposed to the oxygen needed for combustion. The result: Incomplete fuel burn with the unburned molecules emitted as pollution or building up in you engine as damaging carbon/varnish deposits. Compact device straps easily over the in-bound fuel line and delivers an abrubt magnetic field to break up these molecules, ensuring the most complete burn possible. Works on every vehicle -- every time...EPA lab tests prove it!"

"After performing the HFET fuel economy per 40 CFR 600.113-88. Accepted Test...we see a significant decrease in hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide and oxides of Nitrogen, and an 11.6% increase in fuel economy after installing the Fuel Saver on the test vehicle." - Peter DiBernardi, President, Liphardt & Associates, Inc. EPA Accepted Testing Laoratory"

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sounds convincing enough for the price.... I"m not sure what I think, I mean, it's not like they are saying you are going to get more power are they?? Normally a company falsely advertising someting always talks about power increases... they just say gas milage.... plus if GM sells it.... I mean, would they really just sell it to make more money?? I don't see how it would benifit them an awful lot. I dunno though.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I would like to see some actual tests that show improvement in gas mileage. Maybe over 300-400 miles and the difference. Also it would have to be done by a popular mag or company.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Dosen't that "Tornado" thing pretty much claim the same thing? My cousin has it and totaly swears by it. Who knows if any of it actualy works or not. I've found the absoult best gas saving device for any car out there though.

A pair of Nike's

·
Registered
23 Posts
In my country the CAA tried this thing and said it was shit! It never did the 27% more mileage thing!! Something more like 0.027% so you never repay the damn thing!! So in other word dont buy this!!

just my 2 cents..!!
:moon:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts