J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it turns out that the future of the MGB GT turbo 3.1 car is in doubt. I'm currently still in the hospital, had Ventrical Tachycardia. I was hoping for the easy solution when I got out of surgery, but it was my worst option. They did get the areas of major concern, but there were still others. So, now I end up with medication for llike and a defribulator rhe size of a small cell phone in my chest (making ne extremely sefl conscience, I spent 4 years working out and now I end up with a huge lump on my left pec).

The worst part is I can no longer operate a mig welder, so without the capacity to weld myself, I might have to cancel the project.

curtis

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
:cry:

Shitty deal man. Get better, your health is the most important. I'll just have to stop by and do some welding for you when i'm in Texas next time ;)

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Damn Curtis. Had no idea you were under the weather.

Is the no welding because of possible problems with the defib?

Like Rob said, your health is most important. Don't let this get ya down, you're a stubborn and crafty kinda guy, I don't see you giving up without a hell of a fight. You'll find a way to make everything work out.

Feel better man and don't hesitate to give a yell if we can lend a hand.

- Frank

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Sorry to hear :( Get better dammit!

i think the mig welder deal is because it outputs electricity and possibility of getting zapped a bit while welding is pretty common, but might trigger his mini defib thing to go out of whack. :guns:

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Well that sucks.

Like other's have said, I'm sure you'll find a way to get around the lack of permission to weld. ;) I know I would.

I hope everything gets better soon though.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sustained. I was running a 240 pulse when I walked into the emergency room. Was a little odd seeing so many people "watching", but apparently most people arn't talking, moving around, etc with Vtach at 240. I had to get jumped to stop it.

Apparently it should actually never happen again, but the Defib is in place in case it does. I'm waiting to call Boston Scientific to find out if it's the actual welder or the point of contact I have to watch out for.

P/S this thing sucks and I'm so on workout withdrawl....... not to mention loosing 10+ lbs........

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
you lost 10lbs without having to work out........I would pay good money to be able to do this.....

Just kidding........get better soon

Duro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.