J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VSX Fenders that we are making for the 88-94 Cavaliers will be ready in about 1-2 weeks. We are taking pre-orders if you are interested. We changed the style of the fender from what we had originally planned.

The fenders will be $348 US and $488 Canadian per set without shipping. Shipping to the US will be around $85 & $65 in Canada.

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys could get them cheaper if you organize a group buy. Also, our fenders are of very good quality and fit so pricing appropriate. As for the other fenders being made... pricing seems to go down with the more orders that are placed, which is basically a group buy.

· Premium Member
10,554 Posts
cool, i will prob pick some up this winter, we the z goes under a makeover, you should tell them that they should cut me a deal cause i plan to buy the rear bumper and side skirts too

· Registered
2,148 Posts
interceptor said:
Fx_chick,
Are the fenders made of all metal including the gills from a mold, or are they gills only fiberglassed/bondoed into the fender?

FRONT, BACK, SIDE TO SIDE, ILL BE HITTING THE SWITCHES TILL THE DAY THAT I DIE!!

"VOTE FOR AS CAR OF THE MONTH"
http://www.v6z24.com/registry/interceptor/
most likley the fenders are all fiberglass made from a big mold

· Registered
5,745 Posts
interceptor said:
Fx_chick,
Are the fenders made of all metal including the gills from a mold, or are they gills only fiberglassed/bondoed into the fender?

FRONT, BACK, SIDE TO SIDE, ILL BE HITTING THE SWITCHES TILL THE DAY THAT I DIE!!

"VOTE FOR AS CAR OF THE MONTH"
http://www.v6z24.com/registry/interceptor/
i`m takign a guess but those pictured are probably inserts fiberglassed in and the ones being made will be fiberglass

metal would be very expensive since u need a press

· Registered
2,364 Posts
As of now i'd be stickin with racecreations. $348 is a bit much, if race doesn't get fenders soon... miswell just make a vent yourself and put in it the fender, all you doin is work, so saving lots of money.

· Registered
2,610 Posts
ydcc91cavi said:
Looks SWEET..But price is a little StEEEP!

___Old News __
There is also a company doing them that needs a donor set..Prices will be around 175plus shipping. Thats almost half the price..
This is a photoshop of what they are sapost to look like
[/b]
lol thats hilliarious youre using a guys car who doesnt even have anything from FX on his car! they look great FX. but i got a question. $US is 348, right? #CAN is $488?
but then when it comes to shipping: to the US is more than to canada? $85 vs $65? are you sure thats not the other way around? i mean $85US would convert to 113.890 CAD :-? :roll:
please do explain!

· Registered
5,745 Posts
brooksoffroadz24 said:
ydcc91cavi said:
Looks SWEET..But price is a little StEEEP!

___Old News __
There is also a company doing them that needs a donor set..Prices will be around 175plus shipping. Thats almost half the price..
This is a photoshop of what they are sapost to look like
[/b]
lol thats hilliarious youre using a guys car who doesnt even have anything from FX on his car! they look great FX. but i got a question. $US is 348, right? #CAN is $488?
but then when it comes to shipping: to the US is more than to canada? $85 vs $65? are you sure thats not the other way around? i mean $85US would convert to 113.890 CAD :-? :roll:
please do explain!
no yccc just posted the other design that race creations is doing

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brooks - The car used isnt a customers car... it is a development car. Shipping to the US is more because we are in Canada. This shipping cost includes border brokerage as well. Shipping within Canada does not require a brokerage fee.

· Registered
16 Posts
pfft.... I like them. I like them alot actually. I got to see them when they were in the development stages and I still liked them then. I'm going to get a pair... and as to all the bitching about the cost, you pay for quality right? I've never had any problems with fx before and I've bought a couple different parts off of them now.

Nice work, you'll see me soon to pick up a pair Jess :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.