J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what kind of gas mileage everyone is getting.

I'm getting 500 to 550 kilometers per tank.

Actully, I've never SEEN 550, but I have gotten a LITTLE better then 10km/L. (Our cars have a 55L tank, so I'm assuming that I WOULD have seen 550.)

Let me know because I want to know if this is any good?

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Kinda funny how the thread title is "Mileage", but your numbers are in Kilometers Do Canadians actually still call it mileage, even though you use the metric system? I guess Kilometerage sounds kinds funky... OK, its late...maybe there is another word

Anyway, I ususally average 22 mpg with mixed driving. The best I have ever gotten is 30 mpg on straight intersate driving at about 85 mph.

I don't feel like doing mpg to km/L conversions right now, but if I woulda kept going till the tank was about empty the time I was getting 30 mpg, that would have been about 400 miles, or 640 kms. According to my average of 22 mpg, that would be about 300 miles to a full tank, or about 480 kms.

Ok, guess I did do some conversions....those numbers are based on 13.5 gallons to a tank...
I think the tank is actually 14 gallons. Which equates to about 51L. I don't think the Canadian gas tank is bigger than the US tank, since you quoted 55L?

Anyway, I have quite the heavy foot around town, so that doesn't help my average

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well my mileage was about 25 average. but i let my dad borrow my car and he drives like a old lady. He actually does the speed limit, weird huh? He got 33 mile per gallon out of it. I was amazed and immediatly called my Integra owning friend to brag. So big V6's can get good mileage.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if we get bigger tanks or not. I DID look in the manual to find out, and it said 55L. One day I put 54.5L of gas into my car. After reading what mileage (yes, we call it mileage) everyone is getting, I guess I'm not doing too bad.

Keep posting though, I want to see what the best and worst are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 89 z24 5spd 2.8L. I don't know exactly how big my tank is, but if I go from an full tank to the very last bar (digital guage) I get about 335 miles.

·
17,284 Posts
Hah! I get some bad milage then! I only drive in the city. I rarely get on the highway. I calculate my milage every tank. My best is 18.7 and worst is 13.2 mpg. I average around 15.5 in the city though!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
450km. sounds about right with my 5spd. 3.1L. When I got this car, I was hoping that the mielage would be better , because our old Van had a 3L V6, and it got about 650km out of a 60L tank. My dads 5.2L Jeep gets about 20MPG, which makes me wonder why mine is so low, (about 24MPG)

-John

·
Registered
967 Posts
DAMN PEOPLE I GOT AN 89Z AND IM LUCKY TO GET 190 miles to my gas tank, can something be wrong??? i already had my fuelfilter changed and my injectors cleaned out b4 and i only use the best gas i dont buy from no HABIB dude at no Quicky-mart.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I know you've probably already checked this...but are you sure there's not a hole in your gas tank?

·
Registered
967 Posts
lol...my name is not Hillary and im not a Blonde...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts