J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauging Interest: 1994 Chevy Cavalier Z24.

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  jakerooni 
#1 ·
3.1 Fuel Injected
Automatic
88,000 miles
PL, PW, PS, ABS
Cruise Control
Tilt wheel
Sunroof
Optima Redtop Battery
165 Amp Alternator
Runs great!
New tires
New Brakes
Few engine mods listed on profile..
Great as a daily driver or show car project
Custom Built Stereo System
3 Lanzar Amps (4150, 2150, 2050)
Eclipse Head unit
Monster Capacitor
2 10 Lanzar Optidrive subs
2 8 Lanzar Optidrive subs
1.6 Cubic ft. custom box w/ neon lighting
4 Tweeters, 2 5.25s, 2 6.5s
4 Passive Lanzar Crossovers & 1 Electronic MTX Crossover
All .5 ohm stable
Custom door panels w/ 8s
Custom Pods made for 5.25s and tweets
Custom rear deck for 6.5s and tweeters
Custom Sub box w/ subs facing through rear seat (flips down) with plexy glass front and neons in the box
Custom built trunk layout
COMPETITON SYSTEM. Has won many trophies, including world national?s for IASCA
Built for SQ
All older Lanzar equipment, top quality. Before Lanzar sold their name.
MUCH MUCH MORE
Street Glow Neons
Viper Alarm.
Motion Sensors
Window up/down
Trunk pop

It has minor rust, rockers are PERFECT. 98% of the rust is on the doors, the only other spot is the lip of the rear wheel well which is very minor. The only thing this could use is some body work and paint.

Im just seeing if there would be interest. I found something else that I kind of want to get for a project.

I have roughly $6,000~8,000 in stereo equipment. I have most of the reciepts, all manuals for amps, subs, deck, etc.

The motor runs strong. It could use a tune-up. It needs a Alternator too.

Id be looking to get somewhere around $8,000obo.
Any offers? Trades?

No low ballers or un-reasonable offers please. Just want to hear your .02.

Pics on profile and www.cardomain.com/ride/2302055

See less See more
#2 ·
If someone offerd you anything over 6K, I'd say I wouldn't even think about it and take it! because honestly your lucky if you can get 3 (not being rude but just stating the facts)

#4 ·
oneredry said:
If someone offerd you anything over 6K, I'd say I wouldn't even think about it and take it! because honestly your lucky if you can get 3 (not being rude but just stating the facts)
I understand the point of where you are coming from. As it has been stated 1000's of times, "Its A Cavalier" Its going to be worth more to us then anyone else. Seemingly they are old and its the love hate relationship type thing. You love 'em or hate 'em. The value of the car is held up by the system.

The loan that I need for that Cavalier didn't work out as expected. So I wont have that money til Spring. Thanks for the input though

#6 ·
scott0999 said:
try selling the audio stuff seperate
If I pull the stereo, Im going to find a new project :) There's no way in hell Id sell them amps if it didnt go in the car. Them amps are industructable and can be put through hell and still live. Just like older fosgates. I might sell the car to my mom and pull the system and put it in the 97 Z24 im getting this spring, if I don't do something else with the 94.

#7 ·
Paulo couldnt even get 2k for his car iirc. If that says anything...

But like said previously.. I'd sell everything seperate.. Could get a messload more than the whole car as one.

#8 ·
Yeah man good luck with the sale, stereo is stereo...look at highvoltage...his is way more custom then yours....and i wudnt give him 6-8 grand for his car.....do urself a favour..if ur serious, sell the stereo seperatly..ull make more money....but yeah, like i said u got no rims, no bodykit...u got rust...the car is practicly stock....ur lucky to get 2500 in my view.....good luck with the sale tho

#9 ·
Alright. Thanks for the input, I was sort of expecting it. I actaully got an even better offer tonight. My dad told me if I give him the car back we will work out a deal on getting me a Grand Prix GTP that I found and build a custom system in it. I laughed but apparently he was serious that he wants the Z24 back and will work out a deal with me.. So I think I might do that. If that doesn't work Ill have a bunch of audio equipment forsale because my mom said she'd buy the Cavy.. So Im sure it will prolly stay in the family.

If anyone is seriously interested though send me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.

#11 ·
klutchewsky said:
I would be interested in you building me a custom system in my carpet in the truck and stuff if u ever come to saskatoon

by the way i didnt mean to sound harsh about my input
Didn't sound any harsher than I expected...

Id have to talk to the pops about building a setup like the one in my cavy. He is the main man behind it all. I pretty much took the car from him...that is he made the offer of me giving him it back and buying me something else..lol.

If you ever get this way, Im sure we could hook you up with something at a reasonable price... Im always up for doing some custom work as is he.. Just gotta do it at the right time of the year when we got free time and there's no snow on the ground..lol.

#13 ·
ricekillerz24 said:
No offense,but your crazy if you didnt take the 6 grand offer,if it's the truth...
Its true bud. No, Im not crazy...its call pride and I didn't want to sell it at the time..but I always can go talk to the guy that offered me it because as he said his offer always stands for it ;) but I was seeing if anyone on here would be interested. I didn't know about selling it to him cuz Ive seen how he is with his vehicles...he doesn't take care of them very well. But who knows maybe Ill sell it...maybe I wont.

Like stated before its prolly staying in the family and going to back to my dad so I can get a Grand Prix GTP and build a system in it or maybe a SUV.....

#15 ·
5000$ for a rusted up cavy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you mean 500$ :roll:

I might sound like an ass but you're always ruining people thread saying your interested when you're obviously not anyway so what ever

oh btw, I'm VERY VERY VERY interested for 500$... :wink:

#16 ·
91z24 said:

I might sound like an ass but you're always ruining people thread saying your interested when you're obviously not anyway so what ever

It might have rust on it, but it shes got more money into her than your car does. Shit the system is worth the money if I were to sell it seperate. The only spot it has rust on it on the doors and tiny spot on the lip of the wheel well were there is slight surface rust..

#17 ·
chevyman001 said:
91z24 said:

It might have rust on it, but it shes got more money into her than your car does. Shit the system is worth the money if I were to sell it seperate.
then sell it seperate. nobody's going to pay 5K for a 500$ car cause a its got a system in it. It doesnt matter if its a 10,000$ system or a $1000 system. The max someone will pay is $500-750 ontop of the cars price for the system.
eg: Without stereo - $1000
With Stereo - $1700

not trying to be a dick or anything. but thats the way it goes in the car game, heck people will pay more for a stock vehicle then a modded one.

#18 ·
chevyman001 said:
It might have rust on it, but it shes got more money into her than your car does.
What is this "It has more money in it then yours does shit?" Grow the hell up. I realize your 16 and everything, but it seems 75% of these posts I read that your in, are saying you are so much better than the world. No one is going to give you what you want for that car. Have you checked KBB lately? The car is probably worth 900 bucks. Go to a dealership and try to trade it in with all the stereo equipment in it. Enjoy your 500 dollars you get for the trade.

btw I think 91z24 will have more money into his engine then you have into your car by the time he is done. :pimp:

/rant

#26 ·
ldog said:
I highly doubt the rockers are not rotted out, they usally rust from the inside out, have you ever pulled the body moldings off and looked.

larrymartin830 why by a rusted one, have one for 2g with no rust on the doors :lol:
I need a beater plus I have a good 94 purple z24 already :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.