J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and searched old posts back to 2002, but couldn't really get a definite answer to this. I finally installed my ported 3.1 UIM and FDP 62mm TB I've had sitting around for almost 2 years. It runs great except for the idle has settled at about 1100rpm after relearn, whereas stock was about 750-850. I was very careful about all the vacuum lines and the PCV hose. I found a couple of old posts from people that had the FDP TB when they were still running gen II stuff (most have moved on to the 3x00) and several complained of the 1000rpm idle, but no one ever mentioned fixing it.

For those that still have a Gen II 62mm TB, or used to, is the slightly higher idle normal or do I have a small vacuum leak somewhere?

TIA

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
does it have an idle stop screw?? try backing it out a bit and seeing what happens, there should be a steel stop for the throttle plate to close, slightly tweaking that would do the same thing if there is no idle stop screw, and did you reuse the TB gasket or purchase a new one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.