J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions here please... I just finished installing my new muffler (magnaflow i got for $40), when I went to start it the thing just freakin ROARED (out of the wrong hole :( ). Turns out my cat was SO rusted, it completely broke off right before the cat.(where it just starts to taper upwards)

any suggestions on what I should do? I'm probably gonna end up gettina new cat (ebay?) and 2.25" down pipe and all new piping back to the muffler... but crushed or mendrel bent? (i know that mendrel bent is better but its $$ that matters) and whats the average cost for something like this?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
don't know the price from mannifold to cat but 2.5 cat back mandrel bent pre fit cost me $80 CAD

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
2'' is WAY to small man, i wouldnt do anything less then 2.25 or so. and i dont about there, but here something like that usualy cost around 60 to 70 bucks.

·
Registered
902 Posts
generalcobzard said:
if its not illegal, just take the cat out. than all u would need to do is buy the 2.25 piping. be a little cheaper for ya.
Well, from past experience, I'd get a new cat, off eBay or sumthing, only $50 or so. I honestly couldn't stand the smell of my exhaust when I strait piped my car. Get an exhaust shop to bend you the whole system and install your highflow cat all at the same time. If they have the skills, y pipe it and have the GT exhaust. Go 2.25 or bigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.