J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i removed my rear bumper off my 88 to put another on but most of my clips are fucked, instead of going to the junkyard and trying to take em out perfectly i thought id ask if anyone knows a store that sells them in ontario.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I use a pair of side cutters to pull the pins, then they come out easy.

Dealer has them pretty cheap. I bought like a dozen for under 10 beans IIRC. A good body shop supply will have them on hand. So will some auto parts stores.

- Frank

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
they have them at crappy tire and auto value

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i was parked beside a newer saturn today and noticed that its inner fenders are held in with the same clips like our old cavys. to remove them without breaking them, as frank said, use a pair of side cutters and pull out the center part, then they will pull right out.

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
I think I remember seeing those clips at Advance when I went to pick up my window guides for the old Z...they were in the "Help" parts section. NAPA should carry them as well. Side cutters work great for removing, there's also a tool for it but why fork out extra $ if you already have some good side cutters? ;)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
cobra17st said:
there's also a tool for it but why fork out extra $ if you already have some good side cutters? ;)
Actually i try to use my crappiest pair of cutter to remove them, that way i can sqeeze a little tighter without cutting them in half :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.