J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, My 1990 Cavy Sedan is a VL... I thought of calling it a Type-10, but I'm getting major heat from soup on this one... I thought it would be fun because Chevrolet NEVER made a Type-10 sedan. (just like they never made 1st or 2nd gen Z24 sedans)

Why a Type-10?
because I like the name. It is powered by a 4 cyl. just like the original 1982-1985 Type 10's It also has the ORIGINAL interior components that the Type-10's came with, including crappy dashboard and gauge cluster.

Sporty appeal.
I added small things to my VL sedan to make it appear sportier, such as a Z24 hood and phase II rims. Also upgraded the speedo to one from the Caddy Cimarron which has integral trip odo. I also added a red stripe to the front and rear bumpers, which was standard on most all Type-10 models.

Type-10 wasnt a completely different car from the base model, just a slightly sportier look and a whole new attitude ;-)

-Al.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
<SIZE size="150">ITS NOT A TYPE 10!!!!!</SIZE>

so according to your logic, a 94 rs had the same dash as a z24 with the option of the same engine, does that make it a z24???? NO!!!!! Or an 88 rs looks the same as a z24 minus the gfx does that make it a z??? NO!!!!

whats next? oh they have the same body so im gonna call it this or that cause i like the name better? might as well throw gt or ss badges on while your at it!!!!

Why are you fooling yourself??? Just because chevy didnt change dashes since 1985 doesnt mean the car is the same!!

they never made a 4 door type 10.

According to your logic your no differant than any of the other guys that you previously talked about that throw the z24 gfx on a 4cyl and call it somehting it isnt. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Its not a type 10 get over it!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Holy crap I gotta mark this down..... THis has got to be the first time since you've been on here that you modified a car to something other than stock condition :D There's hope for you yet LOL! Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
how you gonna call your 90 vl something that was discontinued in 1985!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
jakerooni said:
soup said:
how you gonna call your 90 vl something that was discontinued in 1985!!!!!!
By saying they had one extra one just lying around on the shelves :rotfl:
and it just so ahppened to have 2 extra doors....hmmmmmm must have been a defect!!!

G

·
well if hes calling his a type-10 i'm callin mine a Toyota Supra!, just kiding guys... i have respect for the 2 of you guys......., soup... let him call his car what ever he wants........, amancuso soup dose have a point.... but call it what u want... your only fooling your self...

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, thanks for the opinions guys... I am not going to badge the car Type-10, I will however call it one, simply because it annoys soup :-D

hehehehe

:-D

-Al.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
thers a kid around here with a 94 4 door cavy, he has the 2000+ Z24 emblems on the fenders and a huge fart can. At first i thought it was a joke but i think he's actually thinking it's a Z24. I've put him in his place a few times down town on the one-ways but he still hot-rods the hell out of it. Stupid High school kids :roll:

call it whatever you want man, it's your car. we may give you crap about it but it's all in good fun.

8)

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
ginobeats said:
I say go for it Al :D :D I call mine the z24door (the original) and I don't give a crap about what anybody says :D Actually put on the Type-10 badges to piss off Soup :lol: :lol: :lol: Jk
yeah and i told him......its gonna be like carrie!!

theyre all gonna laugh at him!!!!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
You can call it Susan if it makes you happy. How does this affect any of us? :D

I'm going to call my car "The car that I bring girls home in to have sex with me" :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.