J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
klutchewsky said:
umm why didnt u just buy a dash kit?? It looks crappy with all the jagged edges and all that....decent deck tho :)
Cause it's my beater and i don't want to spend any money on it if i can help it... plus i was really bored today LOL! It will look better with the trim piece...

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
dash kits usually are less than $10 these days. would've looked alot better. And if it's a cheap ass winter beater why are you putting in a radio that is probably worth more than the car itself is??? Just screaming "Hey come steal me!!!!!" Not smart.....

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Have you guys noticed that this is a Sunbird?

The Sunbird mounting kits place the radio below the heater controls, and having driven Sunbirds with the deck mounted below the heater controls and one mounted where the above pictured deck is, I too would make my own mount and place the deck up high. Depending on how much time I had or how much time I wanted to spend I may do it exactly as pictured above or I may spend a bit more time and blend it in mor elike the fcatory should have done it.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
not my cup of tea IMO because you lose the centre vent for heat, i'd just go to the yard and snag the centre part of the dash from a sunbird with a tape deck and mount the deck there, the only problem i had with mine is while the car is in park its kinda hard to get a cd in and our

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jakerooni said:
dash kits usually are less than $10 these days. would've looked alot better. And if it's a cheap ass winter beater why are you putting in a radio that is probably worth more than the car itself is??? Just screaming "Hey come steal me!!!!!" Not smart.....
It was the only spare stereo i had...same with the subs and amp.I dont really care if it gets stolen as long as theres no other damage. I have an alarm, not cause i want to protect anything im just lazy and like the remote starter for those cold canadian mornings.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seanski said:
not my cup of tea IMO because you lose the centre vent for heat, i'd just go to the yard and snag the centre part of the dash from a sunbird with a tape deck and mount the deck there, the only problem i had with mine is while the car is in park its kinda hard to get a cd in and our
I never use those vents...never...i hate direct wind blowing on me...

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
ilmoakw said:
seanski said:
I never use those vents...never...i hate direct wind blowing on me...
ahh i'm weird lol i have the heat blowing on me with the windows open in the winter i love having the heat blow on me in the cold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.