J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So woman gave me some money so I can get some tint.

Then the search was on about where to go and etc... Read some articles on finding a good tint shop then also heard from alot of people about this place called "Dawg Pound Designs" downtown. So immediately in my head I imagined some old garage in the back of an alley with like 5 big thug lookin dudes and was like oh man...

So I called the place up, a lady answered... Really nice, she gave me info on stuff and sounded good... So at lunch I stopped up and talked to a guy about tint. He was explaining about what percentages are good for what and etc. Really helpful guy, he was talking to me while doing another guys truck rear window design. Seemed really comfortable doing what he was doing.

So I started asking about the buisness and how long it's been open and etc. Backstory is he's been tinting for 14 years, and had his buisness open for 10 years. He also does alarms and remote start.

So he gave me more information... Like, any tint is $120. Lifetime warranty against fade, bubbling, etc.... Gave me some samples. And set me up for an appointment Monday (The place is so good they are backed up weeks in advance, but he had an opening monday for me)

So anyways, 120 bucks with a lifetime warranty and 14 years expirience. Not bad at all.

I'm not sure what I'm going to get, 5, 10, or 15.... The 15 seems too light and he said with my light grey interior it will seem kind of light, and he showed me another vehicle with 15 and grey interior... Was too light for me. So It will either be 10 or 5... I just dont want to regret it at night time, so 10 might be best bet.

Cant wait 8)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thats a pretty good deal. Is it for all the windows? I've been looking for a good tint shop for a while. Uniontown isnt that far away from me. Post some pics when it gets done. If they do a good job maybe ill check them out.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do a great job... I'll deff post pictures... Why not come see it in person :p

Here's a picture (not that good of one) of a golf that has tint from the same place.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
devonmoody06 said:
Thats a pretty good deal. Is it for all the windows? I've been looking for a good tint shop for a while. Uniontown isnt that far away from me. Post some pics when it gets done. If they do a good job maybe ill check them out.
not to get off topic but devonmoody06 I kep thinking where in the hell is Charleroi lol well I just rememberd its about 20 mins if that from my house . :lol:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To me, it's too light if you can see through both windows to the other side

Klutchs 5 is dark on the back windows... But the 20 up front is too light for me.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
5 is definitely bad at night. Had it in both the Cavi and my old Bronco. Had to put the windows down to check for traffic at blind intersections. The part that sucked with the cav was that my white interior made the tint look like it was barely there in the daylight.

Thinking about getting my truck done 5% on top of the factory tint around the back and 35% on the front windows. Gonna wait for spring for that, though.

You also have to know the cops around you and how they're going to react to tint. They're not bad around here unless you're driving like a jackass. I have had a few friends get hassled about it, though. Pretty sure Hog had to remove the tint from the front windows of the Cavi after I sold it to him. I never had a problem with that or the Bronco (also 5% all around) but I also knew most of the cops in the areas I drove through.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Yeah I wasn't thinking when I wanted 5% for my car. Seeing that I was going to black it out at the time!!! :lol: Now I horribly regret it at night. It's ok in the summer time because I can roll the windows down, but in the winter time........well lets just keep it short and I'll just tell you I regret tinting my windows at 5%!!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hm.. I'll probably go with 10 then... Here's a pic of the sample he gave me

Attachments

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
i agree with ^^

no higher then 10, i had 5% on my Z and the cops NEVER bothered me at all, and yes its NOT photoshopped, it was that dark in the day time 8)

i LOVED IT!!!
:love:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
that she was, fun, fast, everything, but with my insurnace jumping for no reason and the 3 foot by 2 foot hole in the floor , rotting fire wall and semi rusted rockers, the car was beautiful on the outisde but when my parents saw underneath, they forced me to sell it cause they didnt feel it was safe...

the new owner fixed it all up now and she is as good as new :D

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welp.. Got it done... took two hours, and he said I have weld on the outside of my windows *looks at kaseobeer*...

Anyways... It's stil hazy and it's all white down by my 3rd brake light, but he said it evaporates and whatnot. Also said if I have any problems or concerns, just bring it back and he'll take care of it.

Decided on 10%... It's pretty nice looking. A little lighter than I wnted but stil dark enough to serve the purpose. And night time visibility is WAY easier than I expected.

Here's the only picture I got... It was almost dark and I didnt have a tripod so it got blurred. So I didnt try for any more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
93ztwo4 said:
looks good but why not put the money into gettin that things body work done and get it one colour
Pay attention.. I got the money on my birthday.. Meaning I didnt pay one dime for it.

And it's a lost cause doing the bodywork (like I was with filler). Sure it looks good... But it's better to just replace door and quarter.. which I'm going to do when/if I move where I'll have a garage... Plus I can take out window and put it in the new door... So really... I have this tint on this car for life... For free.

That is why I have tint now, and the bodywork isn't done.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.