J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new 16" Kmc street rebel wheels on today and they look pretty sweet. I will try to get some pics up soon. Anyways, when the good people at Michel Tire were putting them on, somehow they knocked the pipe leading to the front of my cat loose (it was pretty rusty). My cat was hanging down all the way home. I was pretty pissed. But luckily they are going to weld it for free so my car won't sound like a pile of **** tomorrow and i can show them off. I just had to vent a little bit, see yall later.
Z24Dogg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok i forgot to ask... the pipe leading to the front of the cat is completely apart. it is on wires now and when i start it is SOOOO loud. I don't like it that loud, it just doesn't sound right. Anyways i was just wondering is it ok to drive w/ out the exhaust flowing through the cat and all that? Will that screw anything up???
Z24Dogg

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Glad you got your rims

No, driving your car like it is wont screw anything up with the car. Just don't try to pass an emissions test

·
Registered
415 Posts
It should be ok, just dont race anywhere. It may damage something without any backpressure. Your engine was designed to work under back pressure so get the exhaust fixed as soon as possible.
Lets see some pics when shes done. Later and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts