J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here are my new rims!! i got em for 50$!! can u believe it...they're 18" but i had to drive all the way to houston tx to get em...lady didnt know what she lost!

now if i can find a z24 bodykit ill b good!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
badsam said:
Good score... but wouldn't they be better with tires mounted... juss sayin' :wink:
haha yea! but im kinda on a budget, so there gunna collect dust in my room till im able to afford tires @ 100 a piece.

unless anyone knows of a place i can get em cheaper!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
<LINK_TEXT text="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/QTY-4-NE ... enameZWDVW">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/QTY-4-NEW-225-40-HR-18-Low-Profile-Tuner-Tires_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66476QQihZ019QQitemZ290153244217QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW</LINK_TEXT>

You can do the google search if you want info on these tires.. or go to tirerack to find reviews of them.. I have seen nothing but good things about em.. although I am getting these for an eclipse so I am not sure if 225 40 fits the cavy...youll have to ask.. but I think they do
If you dont want all season type "225 40 18" in ebay search and the first auction will be summer tires for the same price.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I dont know of anyone that had 18s that didnt rub.

You will need to roll your fender lips in so that part doesnt rub, remove the plastic gaurd, and even then itll still rub. lets see...... Dubeez, Brooksz24 and a few others had 18s but I cant think of any active members that do that you could ask

edit: you are planning on lowering it right? because if not your car will sit higher and rubbing wont be a problem, but your car will look like a 4X4

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cavdaddy05 said:
I dont know of anyone that had 18s that didnt rub.

You will need to roll your fender lips in so that part doesnt rub, remove the plastic gaurd, and even then itll still rub. lets see...... Dubeez, Brooksz24 and a few others had 18s but I cant think of any active members that do that you could ask

edit: you are planning on lowering it right? because if not your car will sit higher and rubbing wont be a problem, but your car will look like a 4X4
yea i was gunna lower it bout 1.5...i guess im gunna have to make some modifications so it wont rub :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.